Want to make my own room furnishing for children's room - resources?

(3 Posts)
cassell Thu 21-Mar-13 23:25:10

Have a look on pinterest - loads of lovely ideas on there, search for eg 'pirate bunting'

Jaynebxl Thu 21-Mar-13 23:22:56

There is indeed an arts and crafts section. See here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/arts_and_crafts

Have you tried googling things like children's quilt to make? I've seen lots of websites with ideas when I've looked... I searched because im interested in making quilts for my DC out of old clothes of theirs and lots came up.

soapandhorny Thu 21-Mar-13 23:00:30

Hi there
I just took up sewing grin and am finding it a great stress release.
I will be moving back to the UK next year and will be buying my first house - yippee! I would really love to start making things for my sons room. I'd love to be able to make a quilt, bunting, wall decorations, curtains etc. in one of their obsessions - dinosaurs or pirates. I have looked on line but I cannot relly see any ideas or websites that can give me some ideas, tips etc. I can only see pre made things that I can buy. I really want to make my own.

Can anyone recommend some great resources - books, websites that are about or include children's room furnishings etc. to make?

P.s. Do we have an area on Mumsnet for people who are into arts and crafts, sewing and knitting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now