ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

I would like an ornament or something but I don't know what...

(9 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 18-Mar-13 17:38:58

Not long moved into our house and we have a dining room for the first time. it isn't huge but not small either, maybe about 4 x 5m. We have a four seater dining table in there, and a rug, Roman blind at the window, oak laminate flooring, and a mirror on one wall. The pushchair has to be stored in there for next couple of years removing use of one corner but there seems to be a bare corner and I feel the room needs softening up with something in that corner.

What can I put there? I thought of just getting a floor lamp but not sure i fancy one.

ShrewveTuesday Mon 18-Mar-13 17:40:31

Twigs and pebbly shit? (sorry)

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 18-Mar-13 18:06:18

wash your mouth out! grin

ShrewveTuesday Mon 18-Mar-13 18:48:04

grin

wendybird77 Mon 18-Mar-13 19:34:40

Large plant or useful storage unit of some sort?

Jaynebxl Mon 18-Mar-13 19:36:45

I'd always go for nice wooden storage. Your need for storage is bound to increase with DC. At least that's what I blame it on!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 18-Mar-13 20:09:56

I did wonder about maybe a slim telephone table and have a plant on top but I am renowned for killing everything that lives (the kids are barely hanging on grin )...

<<off to post in Gardening topic>>

Small table/drawers whatever with table lamp on? I'm all for functional, me....

Though I do have several plants which are completely non-functional, that would be another option.

guineadogpony Tue 19-Mar-13 10:47:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now