Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Bathroom / bath taps, worth spending £££ ; on or not? What type do you have?

(5 Posts)
Wickedwaterwitch Sun 17-Mar-13 10:00:39

I've been browsing this morning and love Aston Matthews / Lefroy Brooks taps but they're expensive - £500+

Do you have expensive taps? Are they worth it?

(Re doing bathroom - free standing bath)

quoteunquote Sun 17-Mar-13 19:29:10

I like VB baths, mine has no tap, it comes out of the side of the bath,

eastbrook for anything else,

just never use anything from VP, as all plumbers hate their shit quality crap.

HowAnnoying Sun 17-Mar-13 19:40:30

We have a bath where water comes out the side, we got the eastbrook one Celsius I think it's called, really liked the duravit bath but budget wouldn't stretch. For all taps and showers we use grohe, DP is a plumber and won buy anything else!

JonesH Fri 05-Apr-13 11:49:14

I think it depends on the particular style you are after! I personally really like matki designs in bathrooms, do contemporary and can offer quite classic vintage designs! I also really love the taps that have the waterfall feature! I think if I had unlimited amount of funds I'd get large stone/marble basins, think look so chic!

HI
I just got a v nice 'designer' tap on Ebay, the shop was buyatap.com - I was slightly worried but it was great quality, £50 instead of £150 - a Waterfall style, nickel plated brass... our plumber installed it fine, it came with a pop up plug and all the pipe attachment bits. Bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now