Coffee coloured skirting & pale cream walls?

(22 Posts)
wendybird77 Mon 18-Mar-13 19:46:30

I've just done my walls in an off white (Little Greene Clockface) with dark grey (Little Greene Dark Lead) skirting and doors. It is lovely. I would also consider doing just dark doors with white walls and white woodwork. I've got pale oak floors which have been waxed with a greyish / white wax. Sounds horrid, but I get loads of compliments.

We are doing all our woodwork in sage. The ceiling is offwhite and most of the walls are pale gold.

cabbageandbeans Sat 16-Mar-13 20:12:08
cabbageandbeans Sat 16-Mar-13 20:07:35
cabbageandbeans Sat 16-Mar-13 20:04:37
SirChenjin Sat 16-Mar-13 19:57:09

It's very 80s - I remember it only too well - and like neon leg warmers and glittery hair gel it really should stay there.

cabbageandbeans Sat 16-Mar-13 19:54:43

I have painted the walls and skirting boards all the same colour on one occasion (it was quite a dark - equivalent to mouse's back f&B) it was lovely and cosy in a bedroom. try it - it is not for life!

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 19:12:12

Silly was the F&B Old White on the skirtings? If so, was it egg shell or gloss? It looks kind of greyish

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 19:09:20

Mine is modern (ish)

I will investigate F&B Old White Silly. thanks.

My mum did it in her bedroom and it looked okay.... But not great
Is your house new or old? Hers is very old and it just didn't look right somehow

SillyBlueHat Sat 16-Mar-13 18:34:55

I used to have cream walls and F&B old white. It looked really nice and was an idea stolen from a top London interior designer, apparently it was very fashionable among the rich. I'm not rich though!

rubyrubyruby Sat 16-Mar-13 18:28:49

grin

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 18:27:39

It was probably in a pub toilet...

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 18:27:06

Ah, ruby, so it is a cafe look? I don't like that idea.

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 18:26:25

I don't want to be radical, just a little bit different.

I so wish I could remember where I saw this. Might need to re visit every pub, cafe and restaurant I've been to in the past 12 months!

rubyrubyruby Sat 16-Mar-13 18:25:59

Ok - if you want it to look like a cafe or bar.

worley Sat 16-Mar-13 18:23:16

I had cream walls and chocolate brown windowsills.. all very nice until it came to redecorating and was a bigger to go back to white satin again...

TeamEdward Sat 16-Mar-13 18:21:18

I like the idea of a pale sage skirting with cream walls. But my DH is much like piprabbit's - white is the only way.

Flisspaps Sat 16-Mar-13 18:18:37

No. Woodwork should be white, natural or stained.

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 18:16:17

I think I ought to be having palpitations at the very suggestion.

Something tells me it will look nice but I need to know that someone has actually done it and preferably, what colours they have used.

piprabbit Sat 16-Mar-13 18:08:22

I think it sounds like it could be nice - but DH would have palpitations. In his world woodwork and ceilings must be white.

QuizTeamAguilera Sat 16-Mar-13 18:07:02

Can this ever be a good look do you think? I have seen it (once) somewhere, possibly a cafe or pub and I thought it was nice.

Has anyone dared to do this?

I am thinking entrance hall and stairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now