Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

what neutral to go with pale green and raspberry?

(3 Posts)
whyno Wed 20-Feb-13 13:43:03

You're right. Am going to try a few. If needs be I guess I can paint the big dresser a different colour and stick to white for the rest of the woodwork. At least I've started something now!

VestaCurry Wed 20-Feb-13 12:43:08

The only way to check is to get tester pots and paint!

I'd go with a F&B colour every time because the pigment content is so good. but get a few F&B testers. I think you need a white with some warmth in it, to link in with the warmer green and raspberry. A few testers will show you which one to go with that won't clash with the bright white units. Are they gloss?

Think about the finish of the woodwork paint too - F&B do a lovely matte, almost chalky finish one (sorry, ages since we painted). The mix of finishes is as impt as the colours.

whyno Wed 20-Feb-13 12:34:14

Eek. Help, I've been trying to decide for weeks and it's never getting done at this rate. My kitchen is painted Willow Tree green by Dulux (I think - we've just moved in) and we need to keep that as it's pretty and would be a pain to change. My blinds and a few other bits and pieces in the kitchen are a raspberry colour but I need to repaint the woodwork (doors, pantry, skirting boards) and an old dresser something neutral. I was thinking of going with F&B lime white which I love but will it clash with my bright white kitchen units (which we can't change either). Should I go with a white white instead to match the units? Or something more contrasting altogether like Dulux Natural Hessian?
Current choices are
Lime White
Natural Hessian
Naural Calico (dulux) - no experience of this but looks a bit paler than hessian
Strong white (f&b)
Jasmine white (dulux)
Someone just please pick for me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now