what colour paint?

(7 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 08:54:17

How about grey, a grey with a purple tone to it? Not as in your face as purple but still a bit different.

Something like mercury shower or soft montelimar from dulux?

MrsJollyPostman Sun 24-Feb-13 08:43:49

I'd go for a really light cream.

Wendy2232 Thu 21-Feb-13 14:01:55

I need some paint inspiration too! I have oak furniture and blinds in my living room and natural hessian walls but at times the walls seem to have an orangey glow. Should I go for a lighter colour ( natural calico)? I have brown leather sofas too and a medium beige carpet. Any advice please?

SarkyPants Mon 18-Feb-13 11:33:09

We used "almond white" from dulux, which was a good match for our new cream cabinets. Slightly paler, but the same tone.
It is much lighter than their website suggests.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 18-Feb-13 11:24:33

thanks im glad you agree with me. a friend came round yesterday and said if it were her shed go for a really light purple to blend with the aubergine but i think it'd be too much but she did make me wobble a bit. i have bought eight cream testers and still haven't found one that works though! grin

SarkyPants Mon 18-Feb-13 10:58:36

I'd go cream.
And maybe a few small pictures that tone in with the tiles.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 18-Feb-13 10:50:24

i need paint inspiration for my kitchen. i have ivory cupboards and oak worktop and oak floor. tiles are cream, black and aubergine. there isn't a huge amount of wall space. most is covered by cupboards or doorways etc. i was thinking a basic cream but then everywhere seems too cream. im stuck. help please smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now