Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Can you recommed some nice plates to go with our kitchen?

(9 Posts)

Hmm, I see your point. These are on display though, so I wanted something with a bit of charactor.
I do like white bedding though. smile

VBisme Sun 17-Feb-13 17:32:15

I certainly think the main body of the plate should be white, border is up to you.

It honestly never crossed my mind to buy crockery to match a room design, I expect crockery to last significantly longer than the decor of a room.

Tee2072 Sun 17-Feb-13 17:28:55

As much I as I love Denby patterns, I agree with Cybbo.

I've had my white plates for over 20 years. They never date, or age, or go out of fashion.

If I had the money I'd buy Denby Halo, though, for 'good' plates. I have the tea pot already!

Cybbo Sun 17-Feb-13 17:27:09

Yes I do...then if one gets broken you can always replace. I get sick of patterns really quickly but white never dates or looks twee. Food looks better on a white plate imo

Really Cybbo?

Oh yes! I'll have a look at them. smile

Cybbo Sun 17-Feb-13 17:15:32

I firmly believe plates should only be white

Mrscupcake23 Sun 17-Feb-13 17:12:35

Spotty Emma bridge water

Hi, our kitchen is cream country style with black granit worktops and dark wood flooring.
I've been looking at the denby jet striped ones, but I don't have any thing to compare with. My mum has Denby.
If you could recommend anything that would look nice in our plate wrack, please let me know. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now