Has anyone a four poster bed?

(13 Posts)
Castlelough Sun 20-Jan-13 09:12:08

LifeofPo that one is nice (good choice Driver) smile

I quite like the ones with the twisted poles and the little rail to drape voile from....blush

Castlelough Sun 20-Jan-13 09:10:05

Thanks for the responses!
LesBoFerables how did you decorate the rest of your bedroom? With the white bed what colour did you put on the walls and what suited on the floor? Did you choose White furniture for the rest of the room too?
I have been wondering about cream or white bedroom furniture (have always had pine before). Does it make the room seem cold? Or restful?

tigerdriverII Sat 19-Jan-13 21:00:51

We have a very simple shaker style four poster, have had it for years, I think it came from Habitat. Our room isn't huge but because the posts are very slim, it doesn't seem to eat up the space .

In fact just clicked on LifeofPo's link - it's exactly that!

LifeofPo Sat 19-Jan-13 20:57:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LesBOFerables Sat 19-Jan-13 20:51:33

I love them. Mine is white. It's just nice and cosy and cocooned.

SamsGoldilocks Sat 19-Jan-13 20:49:55

My neighbours do - all the accessories in their house are black or white.

SamsGoldilocks Sat 19-Jan-13 20:49:33

My neighbours do - all the accessories in their house are black or white.

It's fine if you have the space, and who cares what other people think it's your bedroom. smile

Castlelough Sat 19-Jan-13 20:36:52

7to25 I suppose I was thinking that most friends and family will see around the house when we first move in. We wouldn't typically be very 'private' in that it would be strange to say they couldn't see the bedrooms (also it's a bungalow so all the rooms are downstairs).

Castlelough Sat 19-Jan-13 20:35:05

Our bedroom is going to be very big tbh. It could easily fit two king size beds with space for other furniture...it was our luxury when designing the house. I have since wished we had made other rooms bigger instead of our bedroom blush

LynetteScavo Sat 19-Jan-13 19:19:03

I think they look silly unless you have a massive bedroom.

7to25 Sat 19-Jan-13 19:17:47

Why would they be in your bedroom?

Castlelough Sat 19-Jan-13 19:16:08

I am obsessing a bit over getting a four poster bed for mine and DH's room when we finally move into our new house.

Does anyone have one/want one?
What style or colour do you have/would you like?

A little bit of me is worried that 'people' (parents/friends) will think it is a bit showy or
extravagant....
What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now