Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Wallpaper for small cloakroom

(13 Posts)
Brightonite Fri 18-Jan-13 15:16:38

Am desperate for a bit of interest in an otherwise Magnolia house. I need some inspiration for wall papering a 10ft by 4ft cloakroom. I was considering this but am now panicking that it will be too much. Any views?!

mumblechum1 Fri 18-Jan-13 15:19:16

tbh I think it would feel a bit "enclosing" iykwim.

daisie4 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:44:49

Why not just do it on one wall?

Brightonite Fri 18-Jan-13 17:26:38

I could do, but wanted a bit more impact... Maybe I need to go back to the drawing board on the wall paper front. Thanks

noddyholder Fri 18-Jan-13 17:28:06

A small room can take a busy paper. It makes a statement. Don't do one wall -naff.

Flossiechops Fri 18-Jan-13 17:30:50

I love that wallpaper, go for it!

bigbadbarry Fri 18-Jan-13 17:32:52

I have that paper in my hall, love it. Don't do one wall, very naff - if you are gong to do it, go for it! What's the worst that can happen? Friend of mine did her tiny loo in a monochrome paper with London and Paris landmarks, looks fabulous.

bigbadbarry Fri 18-Jan-13 17:33:20

Lol noddyholder at cross posting consensus re naff ness smile

notMarlene Fri 18-Jan-13 17:35:16

Yeah, it's a great print still 80% magnolia though

I confer. One wall is naff.

notMarlene Fri 18-Jan-13 17:49:56

I wonder if the patteren being so vertical might give a bit of a 'lift shaft' feel IYSWIM, like stilling at the bottom of a hole. Not sure. Still think it's a great prit but maybe better in a larger space. I've been having a nose and TBH I really like loads of their patterns, their Cow Parsley has a similar fwwl to the woods but is softer and less vertical. LOve the blue and they grey but they're all bootiful

notMarlene Fri 18-Jan-13 17:50:55
Brightonite Mon 21-Jan-13 20:18:51

I'm doing the lot and am gradually working my way around my house obliterating the 'paint it all magnolia to de-characterise it' decor. grin

HeadFairy Mon 21-Jan-13 20:22:17

I agree, don't do just one wall... go for it. I'm contemplating doing something similar. The spare room at my mum and dad's is a small single and they've done it in toile de juy with curtains and bedspread in the same print. It looks fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now