Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Net curtains or something else

(9 Posts)
Selks Sat 19-Jan-13 21:12:17

I've got gauzy plain white cotton voile curtains similar to these in my bedroom, I love them, they look great, let in all the light and give privacy.

They are hung behind a heavier weight set of curtains that I close at night; the viole ones remain closed all the time.

chanie44 Sat 19-Jan-13 13:58:39

Thanks for all of your ideas. Not sure what I will go for, but at least we have some options.

VeronicaSpeedwell Fri 18-Jan-13 12:09:48

We've got three sheer roller blinds from John Lewis, they let lots of light through and look crisp from the outside.

Pannacotta Fri 18-Jan-13 12:08:46

In fact like the first pic here
www.blindsandcurtains.biz/sash/sash.html

Pannacotta Fri 18-Jan-13 12:06:52

How about plain cotton white/cream voile panels over the bottom half of the windows only?
A bit like this
www.blindsandcurtains.biz/alisonwhite/aw_sash_blinds.php

(not keen on the circles but you get the idea)

Babyitscoldoutside Fri 18-Jan-13 12:01:21

I have a screen in my bay window - gives us privacy but you still get quite a bit of light in.

Forgetfulmog Fri 18-Jan-13 12:00:24

Window wallpaper - you can buy it from here

Amazing stuff

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 18-Jan-13 11:51:46

I'd go for blinds with safety cords TBH. Nets are horrible.

chanie44 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:25:16

Our house is a small Victorian terrace with a three sided bay window at the front.

I currently have net curtains which were donated by my mum. We do need something over the windows as although our road is fairly quiet we are overlooked (we live in London). I don't want to have blinds because of the safety issues with young children.

Is there an alternative to nets?
If not, what nets would you recommend? I would like some that don't scream 'old woman'hmm
How wide should I get them eg 1.5 or 2 x the length of the window

I would be greatful for any suggestions or ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now