Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Where to buy not too expensive chest of drawers?

(6 Posts)
Fairylea Wed 23-Jan-13 13:49:06

Argos stuff isn't too bad.. go mid range which is still reasonably cheap and use extra glue to stick it all together... will last a lot longer than it normally would do.

Fairylea Wed 23-Jan-13 13:48:57

Argos stuff isn't too bad.. go mid range which is still reasonably cheap and use extra glue to stick it all together... will last a lot longer than it normally would do.

ditziness Wed 23-Jan-13 13:44:27

antique fair, auction houses, gumtree, preloved and free cycle!

JamNan Fri 11-Jan-13 11:40:38

The local tip, charity shops or look in your local paper. Sand and paint.

SneakyNuts Tue 08-Jan-13 17:47:47

We get all of our furniture from second hand shops. Any scratches or dings are good from a bargaining perspective and you can get things for half the price.

The items are usually much better quality than argos/ikea also.

You can always paint/sand and improve them smile

mashpot Mon 07-Jan-13 19:34:28

I am in desperate need of a new chest of drawers for my bedroom since getting rid of the awful old fallen apart ikea drawers when I moved house 18 months ago!

I haven't the patience to trawl eBay, Habitat is too expensive, I want something better than ikea, where do I look? To add further complication, apart from price, it has to fit in an alcove so be no wider than 1m. There is a nice tallboy on made.com but it is only 50cm wide and I just don't think it will provide enough storage. Any suggestions of where to look will be gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now