Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Lilacish-grey lounge & dining room - to re-paint or not?

(6 Posts)
Snowfish Tue 01-Jan-13 17:38:05

Thanks for the advice - think I am going to live with it for a bit & choose accessories that will go with other colours too in case I decide to re-paint in the future plus can't face going thru the pain of a million grey tester pots again!!!

VestaCurry Mon 31-Dec-12 13:49:58

Just as long as you have some warm colours in the room via soft furnishings that's fine.

wfrances Mon 31-Dec-12 13:46:18

my room is greyish green
i have a dark wood floor,dark wood furniture.
white woodwork
black leather sofas
black cast iron fireplace
it looks quite masculine ,you need to look on pin interest or online /mags for a mood board ,to work out what you like and build on it

Snowfish Mon 31-Dec-12 13:19:55

It is a good paint job.

We have ordered white wooden slatted blinds that r being put up in the new year.

We currently have orangey-red carpet, yellowey-cream curtains and 1 cream sofa all of which we inherited from the previous owners and are all going for sure. We also have a red sofa from our old house which will go into the playroom. These r all not working at all with the lilac-grey walls - especially the carpet!!!

We were thinking of getting that vinyl flooring that looks like wood (like karndean/camaro) in a medium oak colour, but not ordered yet.

We have a cream stone dining table with chocolate brown leather chairs which is staying coz it was expensive, so not sure whether we should get a chocolate brown leather sofa to blend with that or not.

I want a modern, smart look. We might need to sell the house next year so I want a look that is also inoffensive.

wfrances Mon 31-Dec-12 11:39:09

it looks more lilac on my screen,
if your like me and it will bug you repaint it now,if your easy going and its a good paint job then leave it and work around it.
what colour sofa ect have you got? what flooring?
do you want a soft look or dramatic?

Snowfish Sun 30-Dec-12 19:22:38

I have just spent a fortune having my adjoining lounge & dining room painted in dulux heritage crystal grey.
www.dulux.co.uk/colour/crystal_grey
I thought it was going to be a lovely soft warm grey, and it is, but now it is finished it also looks quite lilac. What are people's thoughts on having a lilacish-grey lounge & dining room? Is this a good colour? Is it relaxing or does it look like a girl's bedroom? Can I make it look more sophisticated grey with appropriate coloured sofa/flooring/curtains/accessories etc, or should I just bite the bullet now & get it re-painted a more true grey colour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now