HNS Conference - Late night sex reading: Gillian Bagwell, Bernard Cornwell and Diana Gabaldon.

(5 Posts)
happybirthdayHiggs Tue 11-Dec-12 14:37:53

Thanks, Tunip.
I'll let you know if anything exciting happens.

TunipTheVegedude Mon 10-Dec-12 21:34:12

Congratulations on finishing! That's great!

happybirthdayHiggs Mon 10-Dec-12 18:30:00

Yes, he really got into the spirit of it, didn't he. grin Gillian's facial expressions were what cracked me up, though. As you can imagine, after a delicious meal and buckets of wine, it was a fabulous end to a wonderful evening.

Theoretically, my novel's finished, Tunip. (Ecstatic leaping about smiley)
I've put it aside to season for a few weeks, it needs one final, reasonably fresh eyed read through before sending it back to New York. (hark at me grin )
The trouble with working on something so minutely for so long is that, after a while, you know it so thoroughly that you end up reciting it rather than truly reading it.
As luck would have it RL stuff has been throwing itself at my feet over the last couple of weeks. Now Christmas is almost upon us and I haven't done hardly any shopping yet, so the plan is to forget it until I get the boys back to school/uni and give it one last read through in January.
Thanks for asking.

TunipTheVegedude Mon 10-Dec-12 16:33:00

grin
That's hilarious.
Bernard Cornwell seems to be really enjoying himself.

How is your novel going Higgs?

happybirthdayHiggs Mon 10-Dec-12 11:44:22

Shortly after the History Club was launched on MN, I made a post about attending the Historical Novel Society's conference in London in Sept. I promised to post a link to the video of the post banquet, late night sex reading.
The HNS site has finally put it up , so here is the link, as promised.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7L04LYtY20

The reading is from The Darling Strumpet by Gillian Bagwell (on the left in the turquoise top). It is a scene describing Lord Rochester tutoring Nell Gwyn on the art of the perfect blowjob. The sound's a little tricky to start with, but stick with it – it's worth it, I promise.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now