Huh. It's going to be January before we know whether they're Richard III's bones.

(119 Posts)
LadyDamerel Mon 19-Nov-12 21:14:02

Just spotted this on the BBC website.

I think it's about time they borrowed some of those super-fast scanners and testing thingummies from CSI and put us out of our misery!

And in other news, there's a big list on the Richard III society website of various Richard III fictions, most of which are on Amazon or eBay (you'll need to click on the yellow Richard III tab on the left, then on Ricardian fiction to see the list).

Wonder how close the recon is to the portrait pics (drums fingers) smile

meditrina Mon 04-Feb-13 20:41:32

Facial reconstruction? Wow! Looking forward to this.

happybirthdayHiggs Mon 04-Feb-13 20:52:01

Evening All,
10 mins to go - so excited.
I was stuck in court on Jury service today so I missed all the excitement.

AnyaKnowIt Mon 04-Feb-13 21:01:42

Ooh Its on grin

meditrina Mon 04-Feb-13 21:05:40

I think this is the first time I've seen Simon Farnaby doing anything other than HH.

AnyaKnowIt Mon 04-Feb-13 21:06:57

Thats where I know him from HH

LiviaAugusta Mon 04-Feb-13 21:29:47

Can't wait for the facial reconstruction! This is brilliant, Simon Farnaby makes it even better if at all possible too!

meditrina Mon 04-Feb-13 21:34:57

I see the post with which LadyDamerel began this thread included a link to the Richard III society. It is just amazing how Langley and her "bonkers project" are coming across.

It's incredible that they made a major find in the first exploratory trench.

TheDailyWail Mon 04-Feb-13 21:39:04

I am loving this!

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Mon 04-Feb-13 21:57:38

I wish they'd stop saying 'infamous'! It really bothers me! closet Ricardian

meditrina Mon 04-Feb-13 22:01:27

They're on to the Tudor revisionism now, and the massive exaggeration of small flaws.

Presumably facial reconstruction is the next segment.

Greensleeves Mon 04-Feb-13 22:03:35

daft mare

AnyaKnowIt Thu 07-Feb-13 21:55:19
TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Tue 26-Feb-13 19:43:53

Finally watched this off the Humax. Dr Jo Appleby came across really well and managed to suppress her incredulity at Philippa, for the most part.

I have just discovered that a senior archaeologist from the University of Leicester hosted an assembly at DS's primary school back on 8 Feb, all about the discovery of the bones and all the work done.

No wonder my DS seemed so knowledgeable about it. I thought he'd been paying attention to the news on tv for once! grin

Saw pics online and the senior archaeologist (a professor) is also a mum to at least 2 DCs at the school. DCs in a different class so haven't spoken with her before, but I do recognise her from the playground.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 06-Mar-13 23:43:34

Wow!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 20-Apr-14 20:37:40

Hello all

The Last Days of Richard III: The Book that inspired the dig is £2.49 on kindle today.

Just seen this - thanks for the rec doctrine!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 27-Apr-14 20:14:57

Did everyone but me know how short the Battle of Boswirth was?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now