Historical Board Games

(6 Posts)
TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 27-Sep-12 22:53:03

Buccaneer, I remember that one! 221b sounds good...

MadBusLady Thu 27-Sep-12 22:33:46

Kingmaker!

Wasn't there a simple version that was a bit unsatisfying (played mostly just with the cards, I think?) and a very, very complex version that took about as long to play as the actual Wars?

deleted203 Thu 27-Sep-12 01:04:21

BTW - both Kingmaker and Escape from Colditz are available on ebay - the original 70s versions if you're interested!

deleted203 Thu 27-Sep-12 01:00:28

Oooooh! I'd forgotten Escape from Colditz! I wonder if you can still get it - I'd love it for Christmas. We played 'The Great Game of Britain' which we loved - train journeys round the country (and my brother and I used to send each other to Eigg, Rumm and Muck up in the Western Isles to get rid of each other.....happy days). We also had 'Buccanneer' where you collected pirate treasure. Also 221B Baker Street game - which was excellent Victorian Sherlock Holmes thing. I love board games at Christmas!

Penelope1980 Thu 27-Sep-12 00:39:13

Escape from Colditz! We used to play that, haven't seen it as an adult though. There is also a USA settlers version of Catan

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 26-Sep-12 20:38:17

When I was a youngster, I used to play Kingmaker, a board game about the Wars of the Roses. It was great and went on for hours. Anyone else played it? Anyone played anything else or got any good ones I could get today for me the DCs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now