Would anyone like to read my personal statement please?

(12 Posts)
lampshady Wed 30-Dec-15 16:04:42

I'm going for a career change and applying for occupational therapy at my local uni. This is something I've wanted to do for a while but am having massive stresses over my personal statement.

If anyone is willing to look it over and offer constructive criticism I'd be really grateful. I keep second guessing myself and the course is quite competitive to get into.

AtiaoftheJulii Wed 30-Dec-15 17:32:28

Pm me if you like - have had three years in a row of ucas here - I'm a student nurse, and then both dds have applied, so I've read a lot!

goldface Wed 30-Dec-15 17:54:55

I'm an occupational therapist and will gladly read it for you.

lampshady Wed 30-Dec-15 19:52:15

Thank you both so much! Have sent you PMs.

Pepperpot99 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:54:09

Hi lampshady; I do UCAS for 6th formers so if you want me to cast my eyes over it I will smile

DrewsWife Wed 30-Dec-15 19:55:29

I'm working on mine. But it's reading as a boast. Urghhhhhh. How do I make it sound interesting but not over confident

lampshady Wed 30-Dec-15 20:09:31

Thank you pepper. Have pm'd you.

I know drew! I want to subtly say how amazingly perfect I'd be for the course and how much I bloody want it, but seems a bit creepy! What are you applying for? Are you currently working in a related field?

DrewsWife Wed 30-Dec-15 21:44:23

I'm currently doing HNC nursing course applying for first year nursing. The courses are aligned.

20 years of working in admin. I'm loving this course. On placement in a very busy hospital ward. And loving it.

So I'm a mature student. But my personal statement makes me sound big headed. I'm honestly not! I promise.

shockthemonkey Thu 07-Jan-16 16:04:06

Normally, the way to avoid sounding too smug, is to get your referee to mention all those boasty things. Just send them a little list of things they "may want to consider" when they write your reference.

DrewsWife Sat 09-Jan-16 10:27:40

I deleted and started again... So far I have...please just let me in....

serin Sat 09-Jan-16 21:10:32

A personal statement is not the place to be modest.

Sell yourself!

morningtoncrescent62 Mon 11-Jan-16 13:10:42

PM me if you like, OP - I've done personal statements with both my DDs and I work in a related profession.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now