Art qualifications/diploma for DD?

(3 Posts)
Camithemum Thu 17-Sep-15 04:10:01

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but DD wants to do a short (probably around 4 months would be ideal, max 6 months) accredited art course such as a diploma or something which will give her a qualification in art before she heads off to University (we are international so she will have a short gap year because of differing term dates).
She's obviously been doing some research but most short courses are unaccredited, does anyone have knowledge/experience of a course which offers a qualification? Doesn't have to be a diploma but some sort of qualification would be good.
Thanks!

GrandHighWitch Thu 17-Sep-15 17:39:06

hi OP - is she doing an arts-based course at Uni? I'm afraid I am not all that hot on current short accredited courses, however I would imagine that the best places to look at would be the Universities or Art Colleges themselves.
Which locations are you considering? Without giving away too many identifying details, I may be able to suggest contacts in the North of England that could help.

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 17-Sep-15 17:54:37

Most kids in the UK who do Art degrees do a Foundation year, either at a local college or at University. There are no fees if you are under 19, but you are not eligible for any sort of maintenance loan. You are not tied to going to the same Uni for your degree.

Would something like that be an option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now