When will student loan be paid ?

(5 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 12-Aug-14 16:50:43

SAAS website says 7th of the month but Student Loans Company said 3 instalments .

SAAS letter just said SLC will pay loan but no dates (there was dates for bursary) confused

cricketballs Tue 12-Aug-14 18:36:34

DS has a letter specifying expected payment dates of 22/09/14, 05/01/15 & 13/04/15. It does state that first paymentwill be within 3 to 4 working days of aattendance being confirmed by the uni. He moves in on 20th, first day 22nd, so I imagine he will get his first payment will be the week after (not that he can spend it as its less than his accommodation payment....)

JellicleCat Tue 12-Aug-14 20:14:07

If it's SAAS it's paid monthly on the 7th with a double helping in September, and I think the last one is paid in May. But I think the September one may only be paid on the start date of the course.

No idea what happens elsewhere in the UK.

mumeeee Wed 13-Aug-14 19:35:18

Student Loan is paid in 3 installments at the beginning of each term. Each installment is paid after the university has confirmed the students attendance.

MillyMollyMama Sat 16-Aug-14 22:57:17

DD had hers paid into her accommodation bank account because the university then took the accommodation costs from this account. Saved a lot of hassle and she never touched it. You have to work out a system that works for your DC. We paid her a monthly sum into another account for everything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now