Unconditional offer for learning disability nursing - didn't even get an interview !

(12 Posts)
Magix Thu 27-Feb-14 12:38:27

I'm so excited I needed to tell people im at work and can't tell anyone !!! gringrin can't believe I didn't even need an interview !

But I have my interview for mental health nursing next week and if I get in I will have to decide which one to choose .

Dillydollydaydream Thu 27-Feb-14 12:43:26

That's fab news. Well done. Good luck for the mental health nursing interview too.

WolfMoon Thu 27-Feb-14 13:05:50

Congratulations, and good luck for your interview!

Congratulations! What a lovely post to read. Good luck for the other interview, too.

Magix Thu 27-Feb-14 15:16:27

Thanks everyone I'm so relieved that I'm at least definitely into one of my choices . I don't know how I will decide between mental health and learning disability though ! smile

46direct Thu 27-Feb-14 22:36:29

What'syour gut feeling?
What is your background that may have led to the unconditional?

BeckAndCall Fri 28-Feb-14 06:40:02

Well done! It's a great feeling to know you're going somewhere isn't it? All the months of waiting and now it's all good!

procrastinatingagain Fri 28-Feb-14 06:51:14

Congratulations and good luck for next week!

BerylThePeril44 Sat 01-Mar-14 07:35:17

Think I'd go for mental health...greater scope for job opportunities. Hubby is LD nurse and less an less posts now in Health. All services contracted out to low pay/status private providers.

2beornot Sat 01-Mar-14 09:06:48

There are far fewer LD nurses out there than MH nurses. We're trying to recruit from this years graduates and there are 9 in their final year. We'd take them all if we could!! That said, whatever you choose there will always be a job for you and a worthwhile one at that!!

Well done!!

Congratulations!
my DD2 is in her 2nd year of LD Nursing at Nottingham Uni and loving it.. hard work and at times challenging but has no regrets. There is a fair amount of crossover between LD and MH (I did MH) and I'm sure you will love whatever you go for!

xxreeldancerxx Sun 02-Mar-14 09:31:30

Well done .... Great you have that decision to hopefully make. My 17yr old daughter just received an unconditional to do MH nursing after her interview 2wks ago. Good luck grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now