Did you do a psychology degree? What did you do with it/become after?

(27 Posts)
ladyjadie Wed 28-Aug-13 12:27:46

That's it really, I know there are more things you can do with it than become a therapist, and have Googled it but was interested to know what other MNers/their friends/classmates made of a psychology degree and how they went about it. Have just posted another thread about how I'm struggling with the decision of if I could even make it through but that was long enough!

TIA

Parietal Thu 05-Sep-13 22:30:45

I'm late to this thread, but did psyc undergrad at RG uni and now am senior lecturer in psyc at similar uni. So I've seen ug and teaching side

No need for a level psyc before you start - we spend most of year 1 teaching people to ignore their a level & do real science.

For jobs, the long post above is great. Lots of options not just as a ''psychologist'. These days you need an Msc too for any jobs with 'psychologist' title. But it is worth talking to uni career service in 2nd year to get an idea of options & internships etc

Good luck

TwasBrillig Thu 05-Sep-13 22:39:01

I taught before doing my psych degree and had wondered about clinical psych, but realistically I'm not going to get enough experience in for that.

I expect I'll go back to teaching but this time teaching psych, although I currently know very little about the syllabus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now