Kent university anyone?

(7 Posts)
curlew Fri 26-Jul-13 09:35:18

Lovely place to be-lots going on, easy reach of London, not "top flight" but respectable.

Depends in the person- some might find it a bit restrictive and small- Canterbury is the sort of place where you are likely to bump into everyone you know every time you go there!

umbrellahead Fri 26-Jul-13 09:30:08

A family member has just finished his first year there and is loving it. I don't know if it is the case now, but for students achieving three As they offer academic scholarships worth a couple of thousand a year.

minsmum Mon 08-Jul-13 23:17:59

My DDs friend has just finished her first year there and really loves it. She was very quiet and shy and has come home filled with confidence and has grown up a lot in the year.

Floralnomad Mon 08-Jul-13 23:07:44

Finished not insisted , stupid iPad !

Floralnomad Mon 08-Jul-13 23:06:43

My son has just insisted his 2nd year at Kent but he's at the Medway Campus . Its quite highly rated for the course he is doing and he wanted to stay local so it suited us perfectly.

crumpet Mon 08-Jul-13 22:57:57

I went there many moons ago and loved it. Not in the top rungof universities, but solid I think. It was not a big university when I was there, but that, and it's campus focus, meant that it was less anonymous than some larger places could be (my brothers university didn't have the same feel at all).

BrigitBigKnickers Mon 08-Jul-13 22:50:27

We visited last Saturday. It's not an RG but in the top 20. Some of the courses seemed interesting to DD especially a new Liberal Arts American style degree they are about to set up. The entry requirements seem within DDs grasp.

It's in a beautiful location and Not far away from Canterbury but the actual buildings were mostly grim 1960s style concrete blocks although the halls we looked at were nice inside- recently refurbished by the looks of it. DD wasn't sure what to feel about it. Not sure if the buildings are that important

Anyone studied there recently or have a DC there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now