Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Stokke tripp trapp advice

(4 Posts)
HJBeans Fri 18-Sep-15 16:12:53

I bought a second-hand tripp-trapp off mumsnet as I'm keen on a chair that DS (2.2) can climb into himself. Looking at the instructions, I see they recommend using the baby set (which didn't come with mine) until the child is 36 months or the seat is on the lower rungs. The baby set looks tiny for my quite big boy. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would I be a very foolish person to just keep a close eye on him when he's up high?

Also, the one I've bought is older and doesn't come with the gliders / extended gliders I see on newer models. Fear of the thing tipping over backwards was the one argument against buying one. Does anyone know of the glider things would fit an older style chair or have any experience with stability / lack of with a chair from about four years ago?

Thanks.

HJBeans Fri 18-Sep-15 16:13:24

Gumtree, not mumsnet. blush

FloJo151 Fri 18-Sep-15 16:35:26

I have one (ds1 is now 9 and I got it 2nd hand!) so its def an older model! We never had a baby set for it. He only used it from about 1.5ish and I just used reins to strap him in. from memory im sure by 2.5 he just sat in it without the reins. Ds2 still uses it at 7 as it helps him to be at the right height for the dining table. (one of the reasons why we wanted a trip trap was that it would last them for ages after they would have grown out of a normal highchair but not tall enough for a normal chair.
We've never had any issues with tipping but I know others who have. (For some reason dc's never tried to tip it)

HJBeans Fri 18-Sep-15 17:32:29

Thanks, that's reassuring. We'll give it a try tonight and stay very near at hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now