Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Is there a travel high chair that is miles better than all the others?

(10 Posts)
oinkment Sun 16-Jun-13 06:12:45

I'm looking at this sort of thing rather than the cloth ones.

Is there anything to choose between them all? Or should I just get the pattern I like best?

Olivo Sun 16-Jun-13 06:58:20

We had one like tht, wasn't that impressed myself. I would ( and did ) go for one of the plastic ones that folds down. The cushion on that fabric one wasn't high enough for my DD

MrsLettuce Sun 16-Jun-13 07:01:05

We had a chicco clip on one, it was fab and many of our friends got rid of what they had and bought similar.

BrienneOfTarth Sun 16-Jun-13 07:47:25

I had one of those that you linked to and didn't think it was much good. ended up only bringing it out when we had several visitors such that all options were needed. The straps give no support so basically if your child is too young to sit up straight without wriggling they will be lopsided half-falling-off within minutes.

I got one like this which was much better.

oinkment Sun 16-Jun-13 07:47:27

Olivo I'm not sure what you mean by a plastic one that folds down. Could you link to a pic?

Mrs L I like the look of them but can imagine fil having the vapours about attaching it to his precious dining table.

oinkment Sun 16-Jun-13 07:51:15

Brienne that one looks good but a bit bulky for my needs - I'll be driving around for a month with a 15 month old. She can sit up fine, I just find a high chair is the one thing it's a faff to do without when staying with people. I do love the idea of a tray though.

What about one of these?!

Mugglewhump Sun 16-Jun-13 07:54:29

We have a Handysitt. Expensive to buy new but it lasts(so far on second usage and hoping it will last for dc3.) Worth looking on ebay for second hand. currently used all the time for our 2 yr old as he can sit at the table with us.

Olivo Sun 16-Jun-13 08:44:52

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Booster-Safari-Stripe/dp/B000JVXZF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371368642&sr=8-1&keywords=Folding+booster+seat

Sorry, no idea how to do links!

mrsmortis Fri 21-Jun-13 10:40:35
Beehatch Fri 21-Jun-13 10:48:06

We have one like the Jane that you linked, though our was branded by Concord. It's fantastic and served 2 kids well. We used it as a permanent high chair at home as we have bar height seats in the kitchen. It folded small and light enough to travel with and the covers washed well many times. The detachable tray was useful too if we were short on table space. I'd definitely recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now