Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

counterfeit tripp trapp

(5 Posts)
monniemae Wed 31-Jul-13 16:38:37

Hi Tokyofamily

Sorry for belated reply. Yes I emailed Stokke and heard nothing, I phoned their customer services overseas and spoke to a really helpful guy, he advised me to return the item to the seller for refund which I did, and to take photos and send details to Stokke. I lost the direct email he gave me but I emailed the generic one and never heard anything.

The item was returned to the seller as "not as described" - because it came with plasticky strap not leather as in the pictures - and they were gushingly fine about it although it was a major hassle arranging international courier. I got my refund after ebay automatically escalated the case, but left neutral feedback stating Stokke had told me it was a fake product and the seller did then send me a few messages trying to get me to change the feedback. Ebay were great though and he stopped after I ignored him.

So annoying though!!

TokyoFamily Thu 04-Jul-13 02:58:22

Monniemae, can you update us on Stokke's response? I think I bought a chair from the same seller you did. Thank you!

monniemae Wed 08-May-13 22:05:54

I only received it today, and have emailed Stokke tonight so hoping they'll get back to me tomorrow, then yep if confirmed I'm definitely raising a case with ebay and the seller!

newtonupontheheath Wed 08-May-13 21:41:39

That's shocking. Have you raised a case with eBay?

I was watching that Fake Britain programme this morning.... (Feeding dd, obv, not really watching wink ) There is fake everything!!

monniemae Wed 08-May-13 21:39:22

I posted a while ago about buying an old style tripp trapp on ebay... It's just arrived. I think it's a fake. There's no serial number, no instructions, and the leather strap is a plasticky bit of brown fabric.

I had no idea this was a thing?? Faking highchairs... But apparently it is as Stokke have a counterfeit email address for concerns. Has anyone else come across this?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now