Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What does a 6mo sit in ?

(8 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Sun 28-Apr-13 22:03:44

I need something for my 6mo to sit in . He is too big for his bouncer now and I've tried him in a playpen but he hates (and I mean screaming bloody murder hates!) it . Highchair is ok but it's too big so I can only use it while in the kitchen I need something (semi)portable .

ENSMUM Sun 28-Apr-13 22:06:44

We have an inflatable"nest". Great as they can sit and play with their toys but won't hurt themselves when they topple over

Fairyloo Mon 29-Apr-13 07:23:20

Mine had bumbos

jumperooo Mon 29-Apr-13 07:29:39

Similar to bumbo, supposed to be better as bigger and lasts longer. I got a second hand one on gumtree for £15

www.mothercare.com/Mamas-Papas-Baby-Snug-Baby-Seat---Raspberry/495789,default,pd.html

JeremyPiven Mon 29-Apr-13 07:32:22

Think mine just sat on a blanket? grin

jumperooo Mon 29-Apr-13 07:34:36

Mine has sat up since 5 months but the snug seat is handy for keeping her still when I need to do things :-)

MrsHoarder Mon 29-Apr-13 10:10:16

On the "mat" of his baby gym, surrounded by cushions so he didn't hit his head when he toppled.

elQuintoConyo Mon 29-Apr-13 10:21:08

Ikea Antilop with its comfy stripey cushion. Ds would sit and play hapily with ricrac while I sewed for about an hour at that age. He was crawling by 6mo so wouldn't stay still n a mat, playpen was the worst thing we ever bought him - he'd scream blue murder as soon as you set him down. Ho hum. Didn't fancy a Bumbo as ds is also a 'flailer' and I'd read reviews that some dc can flip them.
I'd suggest you get something cheap/2nd hand as it'll only last five minutes - unless it's the Antilop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now