Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Stokke Tripp Trapp old style baby bar - suitable for weaning?

(5 Posts)
monniemae Fri 19-Apr-13 13:59:15

I've got the chance of buying an old, old style tripp trapp - with a wooden baby bar and leather strap, but no additional back rest etc.
Since then they introduced various additions like a higher curved backrest for babies, something which slotted over the back etc but initially this is just what you got for babies.

Has anyone here used this old style tripp trapp with their baby? Am wondering if it will be enough for 6 month old, or will I need to wedge them in with a cushion or something..

Thanks

We have two tripp trapps (still! the kids are 7 and 8).

We had the higher up back rest as we put them in the tripp trapps at the table as soon as they could sit unaided.

But I got a bit carried away and ebayed the babyback thing before ds2 could really sit without it, so he was wedged in with a small cushion.

I love our tripp trapps and a pregant friend is now desperated to buy one of ours as ds1 will be 9 when her baby is ready for it. The seat area is quite narrow so its not like baby can slump down too far. Also they are brilliant later on as a step stool for you to get in the kitchen cupboards, step thing for toddlers to stand up at the table to do activities, as now as homework chairs in their bedroom.

Yes, get it you will be fine. (and you can often pick up the backs on ebay anyway).

monniemae Fri 19-Apr-13 14:11:05

Great thank you. x

drivinmecrazy Fri 19-Apr-13 14:14:04

Would be careful buying the baby back to fit an older chair. When DD2 was ready for a high chair we bought our 2nd Tripp Trapp as DD1 still used hers. we assumed we could use the baby back and bar we used for DD1 on DD2 chair. it didn't fit. DD1 was over the moon cos she got the new chair and, as with everything since, DD2 got the pre-loved chair with the baby bits that fitted. Even now, they are 7 & 12, DD1 loves crowing about how she has the newer seat.
Incidentally, whenever we have visitors they fight over the chairs. When they are adjusted correctly they make supremely comfy kitchen chairs for grown ups too. I can see my DDs leaving home with them

I think also, we used reins with ds2, putting his arms through them but then somehow putting them through the back of the seat as well.

Because he was so lively and so active that he could literallly pull himself up to standing on the seat while the baby bar was in place... and we found out the hard way the day he did it and fell on the kitchen floor blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now