Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

can a booster seat be used on the floor?

(8 Posts)
lilypaige Thu 29-Nov-12 00:34:19

Hi im thinking of buying my 7 month dd a booster seat as she looks lost in her huge highchair! I was just wondered if they were safe to use on the floor for snacks etc? Thanks

lilypaige Thu 29-Nov-12 00:34:52

Wondering not wondered

BrittaPerry Thu 29-Nov-12 00:36:04

Which booster seat do you mean?

lilypaige Thu 29-Nov-12 01:02:12

One of those that you can attach to a regular chair with straps that have their own tray? I was looking at the summer infant booster seat x

I've used ours that way, we have a reclining the first years one, and a non reclining the first years one, both 12yo and used for 6 dc so far (not all mine ha, I inherited the seats) and they've all used them on the floor at some point.

lilypaige Thu 29-Nov-12 01:20:05

Thanks for that :-) I thought they should be pretty safe.

If your at all concerned sit it against a wall so if they kick or throw themselves back it can't go anywhere, that's what I did with my dd who's a bit of a loon.

They're a good investment, we still have ours at the dining table as we find they sit better and eat well in a higher seating posistion even though they're 4 and 5.4yo.

lilypaige Thu 29-Nov-12 01:42:28

Thankyou thats a good idea, think im going to buy one and find a new home for the highchair, it is way too big and dd looks uncomfy, whereas my mum bought a booster seat for when we visit and she loves it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now