Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Babybjorn Bouncer

(9 Posts)
SavoyCabbage Fri 21-Sep-12 09:21:51

Best bouncer ever! My sister's is at this moment bouncing it's sixth baby (not all hers).

notMarlene Fri 21-Sep-12 09:19:59

They are the best bouncers in existence and you can slide 'em under the sofa. My DC were both very, very happy in there! I think we started using it at a few weeks old, just the thing for gentle bouncing between feeds on those mad evenings when they just wouldn't settle.

rooted Fri 21-Sep-12 09:05:42

We used the chairs from about 5/6 weeks with my two. They were excellent and we certainly got our money's worth, the girls were sitting in them until they were over two! Still in good enough nick to be used for another baby or two!

shop1909 Fri 21-Sep-12 09:01:11

Thanks, we have the toy bar too (again thanks to MIL as I don't think I would ever have been able to justify the cost of the bouncer let alone the toy bar!) but had figured that would be when he was a bit older. As it was a gift want to make sure it looks like it's getting as much use as possible - think will have it out and just keep trying him in it every now and then until he's happy smile

Scatterplot Fri 21-Sep-12 06:22:36

We love ours. When you start using it put it on the flattest setting of the three. Our DD was in it for short periods from a few weeks old, usually just after a feed to keep her slightly tilted.

The standard wooden toy bar is pricey (£25?) but a good addition and well made. At first our DD just lay there, then started to look at the toys, then flailed at them, then began to play with them, then began to rock the chair herself (4-5 months).

thats exactly why i bought it, to take with me when visiting family. smile

shop1909 Thu 20-Sep-12 17:49:23

Thanks, will just play it by ear then I guess! Thought as much just -- scared midwife etc will turn up and think I'm insane if baby was in-- nice to know other peoples experiences.

Yes we discovered it's pre-built - it was a gift from my mother in law and she was really keen for us to unpack/build it etc -think was a bit of an anti climax for her when we removed the plastic bag and we were done! Love how flat it goes as our parents both live quite a distance away will be brill to chuck in car without taking space up smile

hi
i put my DD in when she was newborn she must of been around 6lb, but she looked tiny in it and not comfortable (she also cried) so i waited until she was about 4 weeks and she looked much comfortable and even slept in it too.

i think it depends how big your baby is.

it comes already built so you can take out of box and store any where really as its really flat when closed.

hth x

shop1909 Thu 20-Sep-12 10:43:11

Baby due anyday now so getting round to taking everything out of boxes!! I know it says suitable from newborn (8lb) in instructions I just wondered how old anyone's baby was when they started to use it? It is suitable for a true "newborn" or should I be waiting a while before putting him in it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now