Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Harness for Tripp Trapp

(6 Posts)
spewgloriousspew Sun 27-May-12 10:55:39

Hello,

We got a Tripp Trapp second hand this morning, but it doesn't have a baby set.

The cheapest I can find online is around £40 (unless someone can point me to a cheaper one?) so I was thinking about getting a harness instead.

My son is almost 13 months old and fairly chunky, but there's no way he'd sit still on the chair without being restrained.

I don't have a baby bar, or the crotch strap thing. But it does have a high back and a thinner bar that I assume replaces the high back when he's older.

So, do I have to get the official Tripp Trapp Harness for £28, or is there a cheaper one that'll do the same job?

Off out now for the day, but will check in later.

Many thanks!

MoaningMicroraptorRoarsAgain Sun 27-May-12 11:04:52

No, you can just get any old harness, but without the 'Baby set' there aren't any rings to attach it to.

MoaningMicroraptorRoarsAgain Sun 27-May-12 11:10:21

here You can buy the d rings to attach to the chair, then add any old harness.

spewgloriousspew Sun 27-May-12 17:36:07

Brilliant, thank you, Moaning - that is exactly what I need!

spewgloriousspew Sun 27-May-12 17:53:43

Oh, forgot to add, I am assuming that it is safe to just bypass the baby set and go straight to the harness. Is it?

notfarmingatthemo Sun 27-May-12 21:29:28

Once were walking I took the bar off and they climbed up and down by themselves then I pushed them in. You could just get some rains and attach them underneath. If you still feel he is not safe get a £11 ikea high chair to tide you over for a few mouths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now