Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Baby Bjorn Babysitter

(12 Posts)
IrishEmsie Tue 20-Mar-12 18:07:18

Hi i am thinking of buying the baby bjorn bouncy chair but i was wondering what support for newborns heads is like? I have seen so many tiny babies in other chairs with their heads all dropping to the side. Does this one keep the head in the middle and more supported? I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

MummySSB Thu 01-Dec-11 11:21:54

Marking my place too as on this thread - My DS1 will be 3 weeks on Sunday and I've been looking at getting a bouncer too - the BB does seem to have rave reviews so am tempted to get that (with the toy bar?) but then came across the silvercross halo - which has pretty decent reviews too!
Confused now so wondering if anyone has thoughts/ experiences on which one really is better??!

rednblack Mon 29-Aug-11 09:46:20

I'm in the same position as Clueless79 - looking for a bouncy chair for our first DC and pretty much sold on the BB Babysitter (due to all the recommendations) but still curious as to precisely why it is so much better than other ones? Any clues? Thanks.

Clueless79 Sat 25-Jun-11 21:44:23

I came on with the intention of starting a new thread but it seems that someone here will be able to help - what is it about the babysitter that makes it SO much better than any other 'bouncy chair' such as the mothercare model we have? I'm pretty much already sold because so many people rave about them but not exactly sure of the reasons that make them worth the vast price difference?

Katiepoes Tue 14-Dec-10 21:44:48

I love it. My DD was in hers from 3 weeks in the sleep position, she napped in a bit and loved having it under the babygym. Now she's six months and she can bounce it herself, I also use it for feeding as she's not quite ready for her highchair. It folds flat so easily brought in the car on visits, and it's easliy washed - mine has been into the machine three times already with no harm at all.

LittleCheesyPineappleOne Mon 13-Dec-10 19:02:03

absolutely - I had one with DS1+2 and it got so much use. Sold it (no more babies...). Now DD1 is here (!) and we were lent another one which was RUBBISH in comparison. So I got another BB Sitter on ebay - she loves it - well worth the ££.

DD is 7 weeks and sleeps in it during the day. Easy to clean too.

emandrubi Mon 13-Dec-10 18:56:31

We are wondering if people use it in the sleep setting as we are after something our newborn can relax and sleep in during the day as bedroom is pretty chilly and dont want to have a heater on all day in there! Any advice, thx.

emandrubi Mon 13-Dec-10 18:56:31

We are wondering if people use it in the sleep setting as we are after something our newborn can relax and sleep in during the day as bedroom is pretty chilly and dont want to have a heater on all day in there! Any advice, thx.

EBDteacher Sat 04-Dec-10 12:44:02

100% recommend. DS has been in his lots everyday since he was born. We use it on the flat setting for napping and relaxing, the middle setting for playing with toys on a hoop (not the Bjorn one though- I don't know what that's like) and now upright for feeding.

It's so sensitive that it sways with DS's breathing but strong enough for my massive nephew (2.5) to enjoy a nice sit down in it too.

It's really light and folds flat so we take it everywhere with us. IMO well worth the money.

I have to say I don't find it beautiful though and if I was shopping over again might find it hard to resist the styling of the Silvercross Halo!

Samvet Sun 21-Nov-10 18:01:49

I have one that we used from about 4 weeks. Excellent! He loves it and it is much more comfy and better for them before they can hold head up than other bouncers. Worth the money.

cotswolder Sun 21-Nov-10 17:58:59

marking place. I've been looking at BB Balance Bouncer today for a newborn and would be interested in comments. x

bettydoc Fri 19-Nov-10 10:31:04

Thinking of getting one of these for DS who will be 6 months old at Christmas. What d'you reckon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now