NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Upload picture of your children's favourite animal (either photo or drawing) for chance to win a signed, limited edition Eric Carle print

(81 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Mar-14 09:58:25

Everybody has a favourite animal; Lucy Cousins' is a leopard, Jon Klassen's is a duck, and Eric Carle? He loves cats! In the brand new picture book What?s Your Favourite Animal by Eric Carle and Friends, Eric asks some of the best children's book illustrators of our time to each draw their favourite animal. The result is a colourful parade of animals from giraffes with their heads in the clouds to fuzzy dogs to squishy snails!

To celebrate What's Your Favourite Animal? we are offering Mumsnetters the chance to win an amazing limited edition print of Eric Carle's favourite animal, signed by Eric Carle himself, plus a copy of the book. Five runners up will win a copy of the book. All you have to do is upload an image of your DC's favourite animal to this thread (either a photo or your DC's drawing).

The competition is open until Friday 18 April and we'll announce the winner of the limited edition print and book shortly after on this thread.

This competition is sponsored by Walker Books.

Tabby33 Tue 13-May-14 20:25:36

My DS loves our dog 'doodle'. She sits by him all the time which always makes me smile. Obviously I watch DS as he tries to grab here!

idleweiss Thu 08-May-14 19:27:33

Yay!! Thank you! smile

clux73 Thu 08-May-14 17:34:46

OMG!!!!!!! DD1 is on a school residential until tomorrow. She'll be so chuffed to come back to that news
Thank you very very much

ChaffinchOfDoom Thu 08-May-14 15:20:38

ooooh well done to all of the artistes! smile

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-May-14 15:09:02

Finally grin

Well done everyone that won! Your daughters will be pleased Clux smile

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 08-May-14 14:56:56

Well done to everyone again for submitting some wonderful drawings and photos of your DC's favourite animals. Congratulations to clux73, Galena, mediumred, idleweiss, and craftymutha who win copies of Eric Carle's new book 'What's Your Favourite Animal?'. We will pm you on how to claim your prize.

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-May-14 14:51:32

<blows out> phew! Think that was a record for me!

ChaffinchOfDoom Thu 08-May-14 14:46:27

BREATHE!!! you will pass out

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-May-14 14:28:02

<holds breath>

ChaffinchOfDoom Thu 08-May-14 13:57:28

<<drumroll please>> grin

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-May-14 16:26:33

Once again, apologies for the delay in announcing the runners up for this competition. We will let you know by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for waiting smile

clux73 Tue 06-May-14 11:23:02

True. It's taken so long that my DD's have actually forgotten all about it so have finally stopped hassling me.

The tiger was a very worthy winner.

TheCunnyFunt Tue 06-May-14 09:29:28

It took an awfully long time to choose the winner too!

clux73 Tue 06-May-14 06:55:47

It seems to be taking an awfully long time to choose the runner ups

TheCunnyFunt Mon 05-May-14 21:33:41

Not yet Chaffinch, we're still waiting... <yawn>

ChaffinchOfDoom Sun 04-May-14 14:48:06

has anyone won the runners up prize?

EasterBunnyFuntStoleAllTheEggs Fri 02-May-14 00:25:38

Aww well done Kilogram's DD! smile

kilogramlady Thu 01-May-14 14:22:41

DD is very excited and can't wait to hang the print and read the book... Big thank you to MN and Walker Books! thanks

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Apr-14 20:20:20

Congratulations to kilogramlady, who has been chosen to receive the signed, limited edition print from Eric Carle. The publishers loved your DD's tiger drawing. We will pm you with details on how to claim your prize. Five runners up to be announced soon.

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Apr-14 12:19:39

Hi everyone, apologies for the delay on this, we are chasing this up with the publishers now and will get back to you as soon as possible with the winner.

clux73 Tue 29-Apr-14 18:36:22

Please put us out of our misery!

ChaffinchOfDoom Mon 28-Apr-14 12:25:56

any news? smile

EasterBunnyFuntStoleAllTheEggs Sat 26-Apr-14 18:35:23

C'mon HQ!

clux73 Thu 24-Apr-14 17:53:48

So do I - my daughters are hounding me about it incessantly. I fear there will be tears when they don't win! I may have to come up with a consolation prize!

EasterBunnyFuntStoleAllTheEggs Thu 24-Apr-14 16:01:41

Ooh I hope they announce it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now