Upload picture of your children's favourite animal (either photo or drawing) for chance to win a signed, limited edition Eric Carle print

(81 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Mar-14 09:58:25

Everybody has a favourite animal; Lucy Cousins' is a leopard, Jon Klassen's is a duck, and Eric Carle? He loves cats! In the brand new picture book What?s Your Favourite Animal by Eric Carle and Friends, Eric asks some of the best children's book illustrators of our time to each draw their favourite animal. The result is a colourful parade of animals from giraffes with their heads in the clouds to fuzzy dogs to squishy snails!

To celebrate What's Your Favourite Animal? we are offering Mumsnetters the chance to win an amazing limited edition print of Eric Carle's favourite animal, signed by Eric Carle himself, plus a copy of the book. Five runners up will win a copy of the book. All you have to do is upload an image of your DC's favourite animal to this thread (either a photo or your DC's drawing).

The competition is open until Friday 18 April and we'll announce the winner of the limited edition print and book shortly after on this thread.

This competition is sponsored by Walker Books.

Poppanicolino Fri 28-Mar-14 10:09:03

DD (four next month) adores horses and is also a prolific artist. This is one of her latest pictures. I love it smile

clux73 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:04:34

These are drawn by my two daughters, aged 8 and 5.....

Inlovewith2014 Mon 31-Mar-14 18:37:21

Robin

Mrswalker24 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:01:38

My DD doesn't know two many animals yet put her favourite by far is dogs. She's fascinated by then especially Grandads dog Lily.

NatashaBee Mon 31-Mar-14 19:07:40

DS's first word was 'cat'... he can't get enough of them.

Rhimchugh Mon 31-Mar-14 19:36:17

Meerkats are the favourite in our house- check out these cuties.

littlewifey Mon 31-Mar-14 21:21:45

My son with his favourite... His cat.

Galena Thu 03-Apr-14 12:57:14

DD's favourite animals have been anteaters since she was about 18 months old. Here is a picture of her favourite animal, taken by DH, and a picture of her face the first time she saw one 'in the flesh' at our local Wildlife Park.

idleweiss Thu 03-Apr-14 16:36:34

A sloth! Ever since we read Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth by Eric Carle. She is fascinated by them! smile

Dd's favourite animal (and pillow) by far... Fortunately the adoration is mutual!

ImRonBurgandy Thu 03-Apr-14 23:23:12

We went to the zoo this week and DS was most taken with the magnificent flamingoes - what a colour!

HazelDormouse Fri 04-Apr-14 16:47:11

The favourite animal of my son (aged 4) is a diplodocus. Unfortunately, it is extinct. As posting watching Andy's Dinosaurs. He keeps asking if the dinosaurs are real or not.

Mediumred Fri 04-Apr-14 20:58:54

Here's a rather large-tongued snake from my six-year-old girl. She definitely prefers 'spooky' creatures to fluffy ones.

themummyonthebus Fri 04-Apr-14 21:27:21

My DC1 loves "Po-po-tams" (hippopotamus) like this one he persuaded his grandparents to buy for his little brother!

Cats, including our two fat cats, come a close second and a favourite book is Eric Carle's "Have you seen my cat?" Beautiful book.

sealight123 Sun 06-Apr-14 15:38:56

Livvy loves almost every animal, bug and monster but she especially loves doggies smile

kilogramlady Sun 06-Apr-14 22:01:35

My DD's favourite animal is the tiger! She headed straight for the tiger at Dudley zoo when we visited before Christmas and then stood transfixed for ten minutes, enchanted by the experience. She turned 5 last month... here is her latest tiger drawing.

I'm currently sharing the house with a "friendly lion" AKA DS1. He was running round on all fours chasing a toy lemon this evening

Should also say - some of the pictures are amazing - especially those of the 4/5 yr olds. DS1 is miles off drawings that look like anything (but then can lions draw?!)

kiuks Tue 08-Apr-14 16:50:49

My little boy loves his bunny rabbit

kimcam73 Wed 09-Apr-14 00:10:21

My ds with his best friend, Nico, who has just recovered from meningitis

hazeyjane Wed 09-Apr-14 12:18:19

Tap dancing fox by dd2 (6)

hazeyjane Wed 09-Apr-14 12:19:01

Hungry caterpillar by dd1 (7)

hazeyjane Wed 09-Apr-14 12:19:45

Polar bear by dd2

hazeyjane Wed 09-Apr-14 12:20:26

Dolphin by dd1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now