Design a dress for Miffy and win a fabulous Miffy lamp worth £160.

(87 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Feb-14 17:55:11

To mark the relaunch of Miffy, Simon & Schuster are offering you the chance to win an amazing Miffy lamp, worth £160. All you have to do is get your dcs to design a dress for Miffy.

Simply download the design Miffy a Dress template and get your child to create a lovely new dress for Miffy. Then take a photo of the design and upload it to this thread.

The comp is open until Thursday 13 March and we'll announce the winner of the Miffy lamp shortly after on this thread.

Find out more about Miffy, access the template and other Miffy-themed activities that your dcs can enjoy over the half-term.

This comp has been sponsored by Simon & Schuster.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Feb-14 19:30:18

Will get dd to enter. Not too sure where we'd out the lamp if she won though...

Loved Miffy when I was a child

PeaceEagle Fri 21-Feb-14 12:09:54

Ok, here are my 3 and 7 year old's efforts. Not sure dd really got the idea, but ds was proud of his design!

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 21-Feb-14 17:13:27

Huge Miffy fans here. I have my 1970s books and the dc have a set. I had Miffy stuff from around the world and I need the light!

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 21-Feb-14 17:16:13

In fact this is what Dd is wearing today

steppemum Fri 21-Feb-14 17:33:33

Not Miffy round here

Her name is Nijntje

She is Dutch.

<Sniffs snootily at Miffy and hoiks boosom>

steppemum Fri 21-Feb-14 17:34:13

not sure I actually want a lamp that size in my house confused

steppemum Fri 21-Feb-14 17:43:29

like your dds top though noddy

notsureofmyself Fri 21-Feb-14 18:58:29

I love the lamp! Will see if DS wants to do it.

southeastastra Fri 21-Feb-14 19:08:09

i want the floating head miffy sweatshirt too!

it's really just a colouring comp though isn't it. not much designing going on wink

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Fri 21-Feb-14 19:23:03

Holy crap I want that lamp!

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 21-Feb-14 19:27:55

Steppemum we do have lots of proper Dutch stuff too. My mum went a bit mad on a trip to Holland smile

Pointeshoes Fri 21-Feb-14 19:32:00

I need that light. Will get ds to do it tommorw. But he's only 3... Miffy is known as Muffy in this house, it's also boy one in blue smile

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Feb-14 21:15:55

DS2 really likes the lamp!

He was very keen to design a dress for Miffy! grin

It's not up loading, though! angry]

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 21-Feb-14 21:42:16

Ooh I saw this lamp when I was looking for nightlights for DD who is scared of the dark and I love it.
Best get the DC to work! smile

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Feb-14 22:03:26

Here

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Feb-14 22:04:10

Yay it worked! smile

steppemum Fri 21-Feb-14 22:13:59

Anyone got one of the books with Granny and Grnadpa in?

I always thought they were a little severe, black suits etc.

They are like very traditional Dutch grandparents.

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Feb-14 22:20:08

We had the one where Grandma died. sad

It was DD's first birthday present from us (not just that book - the set! grin) I think it's fallen apart now, as it was so well read.

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 21-Feb-14 23:16:01

The grandparents are in Miffy is crying iirc. They haven't seen her teddy.

steppemum Fri 21-Feb-14 23:55:28

There is a whole book around them. In Dutch it is called Oma and Opa Pluis (Pluis is their surname, it is similar to our word plush- like velvet, and sort of means cuddly toy)
They appear in lots of the books though, on Nijntje's birthday, and they take her to the seaside. Grandpa makes her a scooter at one point, and when her sister is born Grandma helps her make something for the baby.

Nijntje is short for Konijn. Konijn means rabbit. Konijntje means little rabbit, so Nijntje is short for little rabbit. Miffy means nothing at all sad

(my dutch spelling may be a little wobbly here)

Quinteszilla Sat 22-Feb-14 01:21:36

Miffy needs a new mouth more than she needs a new dress. Modern girls have a voice, rather a cross over their mouths to shut them up. sad that's how I see her... I know she is supposed to be a cute rabbit but eve so...

RandomMess Sat 22-Feb-14 09:51:43

Wow oh wow, I am making my dc apply because I need that lamp.

I am a die hard Nijntje fan. I had random people sending me baby kit over from the Netherlands for my dc - they still have Miffy bedding blush

The year I lived in the Netherlands was Nijntje bliss and best of all reading the books out loud in Dutch.

I don't have a printer sad

acsec Sat 22-Feb-14 13:16:20

I think the cross is actually her whiskers, not her mouth Quinteszilla - like Hello Kitty, Miffy has no mouth!

I would LOVE to own the lamp but DSS 9 will not design a dress for Miffy sad Maybe I can persuade my niece to do so!

RandomMess Sat 22-Feb-14 14:03:20

Also Nijntje was asexual (think that's the term?) for several years - much debate whether it was indeed male of female and then a dress finally appeared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now