NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

HELP! The MNHQ Christmas tree is naked - prizes to be won

(80 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 11:42:57

So this year at MNHQ, we have gorn all out with the festivities.

Emoticons are live - fgrin we have some AMAZING competitions that only run for 12 days, so keep coming back on Mumsnet and on our Facebook page, we have vouchers, a holiday, a TV and A CAR to give away fshock so do go and take a look at both (that's 24 chances to win!), we have a naughty Elf on the Shelf playing up at The Towers, look out for the pictures..

...and last week we had a beautiful tree delivered into the office from The Good Elf .

But here's the problem, it's bare! fsad

We would love for you to send in your homemade decorations so we can fill our lovely tree and we will be giving some prizes for the "best".

We made an angel for the top of our tree last week and we hope that she will inspire you and help you to see what level of "best" we are working on fgrin

The Rules
The decoration has to be homemade.
It can be made by you or the DC or any family member.
Extra points are given for use of glue and glittery shit.
The tackier, the better.

WE CANNOT RETURN THE DECORATIONS, SO PLEASE DON'T SEND PRECIOUS WORKS OF <ahem> ART

Please send them into:
The Community Team
MNHQ
Studio 6, Deane House Studios,
Greenwood Place,
Highgate Road,
London NW5 1LB

And add a note with your posting name so we can find you if you are a winner.

Good luck and do check back for pictures, we will also be adding images to our Pinterest page, Facebook , Twitter and here on the thread over the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas fsmile and thanks to the Woolly Huggers for the bunting fgrin

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jan-14 16:49:01

lookoveryourshouldernow

.......can't be long now - as it is nearly 12th night...

Guess they maybe busy trying to source acid-free organic tissue paper to wrap our "lovely crafted crap efforts" .. into a suitable re-cycling container - which in olden times was called "the bin" ....

<bursts in dramatically>

As if! The decs are currently being lovingly stored on top of a cabinet.

Sorry for the delay folks, all the contribution were truly excellent and we had a tough job whittling them down to the winners. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

In no particular order - the winners are <drumroll>

Reastie with her lovely tree bunting, marmitemadmummy with the fab glittery fruit shoot and LookOverYourShoulder's beautiful emoticons and Justine frames grin

We'll be PMing you momentarily - congrats!

lookoveryourshouldernow Sat 04-Jan-14 01:08:21

.......can't be long now - as it is nearly 12th night...

Guess they maybe busy trying to source acid-free organic tissue paper to wrap our "lovely crafted crap efforts" .. into a suitable re-cycling container - which in olden times was called "the bin" ....

ReastieYuleANBU Sat 28-Dec-13 14:42:22

Ahem <coughs> who were the winner(s) then? [nosy]

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Dec-13 09:46:19

ReastieYuleANBU

Kate you are indeed correct, both of those are mine, good use of forensic ribbon analysis there fgrin .

<faints with relief>

Shaky Mon 16-Dec-13 20:38:56

Ooh, I'm glad you like it and ds was very proud of his card fsmile

Kveta Mon 16-Dec-13 19:01:07

oh, good, glad our recycled tat beautiful handiwork made it to MNHQ fgrin

ReastieYuleANBU Mon 16-Dec-13 18:04:55

Kate you are indeed correct, both of those are mine, good use of forensic ribbon analysis there fgrin .

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 17:13:53

Doesthatmakesense has, as they say in crafting circles, hella strong bunting game. We like it very much.

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 16:51:03

Your decoration is now twinkling on our tree Shaky. You can also tell your DS his card is one the finest examples of "cutting and pasting" we've ever seen fsmile

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 16:42:36

This decoration combines a handmade disco aesthetic and biscuit vibes, so obviously we love it, and will be trying to recreate the disco/biscuit look in our own decor. Thank you forcookssake!

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 16:40:16

Kveta has sent in three icicles made from milk bottles and a silvery tree, both made by her DC - they have warmed our cockles with their adorableness (new word)

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 16:35:01

<squeee> The tree is looking so good now! Thank you vair much for all the luffly things you've sent in. We had a lot of fun opening that packages and popping the bubble wrap this morning.

Small confession - we got a bit overexcited with all the unwrapping and forgot to note down who the beautiful Yuleabu bauble came from fblush. After forensic ribbon analysis we're fairly sure it's Reastie - but if we're got this wrong we apologise unreservedly flowers

The lovely tree bunting is deffo from Reastie though <touches wood>. EmmaMumsnet has already said she's going to be copying your technique for next year fgrin

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 13-Dec-13 08:20:40

Awwwww. You didn't need to wait until they were dry Kveta.

fsmile

Kveta Fri 13-Dec-13 07:35:03

Ours are finally dry, and going in the post this morning. They are VERY shit, and a bit glittery! Hope they make it before Christmas!

caramelwaffle Thu 12-Dec-13 22:12:14

Extension of deadline? <flutters eyelashes>

Otherwise it is hand delivery on Saturday.

caramelwaffle Thu 12-Dec-13 22:09:50

Exte

Shaky Thu 12-Dec-13 22:02:01

Gah! I have been past eleventy million post boxes today and have still forgotten to post your decoration. It is STILL in my handbag, sorry.

It shall be on it's way to the glorious MN Christmas Tree first thing in the morning.

Apologies.

Reastie Thu 12-Dec-13 16:22:53

All sent and on their way to MNHQ, hopefully should arrive tomorrow grin

Reastie Thu 12-Dec-13 12:43:15

Looking good DecorKate smile My attempts are not so flash as these but DD and I have spent the morning working on them so assuming the glitter glue is dry in time <crosses fingers> will post later.

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Dec-13 11:33:46

lookoveryourshouldernow

...oh my babies have arrived intact - that is good news..

I was in two minds whether to adorn the fimo picture frames with a little glitter - as they were baked in the same oven as our dinner - I was not sure whether Justine was a Vegetarian on not - or allergic to nuts or something - you can never be too sure these days!!

fgrin Justine was saying she might hand them out to friends and family after Christmas

DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Dec-13 11:31:54

Ooh the tree is shaping up nicely now. The exquisitely executed glittery Fruit Shoot bottle ('scuse my hand) is from marmitemadmummy and her DD fsmile.

The luffly little knitted bag ornament is from JulesJules and elicited many gasps of amazement from the office.

You can see our tree is looking more jolly, but there's still plenty of room for other creations fwink

Reastie Thu 12-Dec-13 07:19:31

Right, task for the day is to make a decoration and send it. I've bought glitter glue especially for the occasion grin .

lookoveryourshouldernow Wed 11-Dec-13 00:39:34

...oh my babies have arrived intact - that is good news..

I was in two minds whether to adorn the fimo picture frames with a little glitter - as they were baked in the same oven as our dinner - I was not sure whether Justine was a Vegetarian on not - or allergic to nuts or something - you can never be too sure these days!!

Shaky Tue 10-Dec-13 18:58:41

I have made this for you. I hope you like it,

Marmitemadmummy Tue 10-Dec-13 18:36:12

DD also very umm good at decorating trees if you need help. I banned tinsel from mine following mumsnet advice but she wouldn't listen for her small tree....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now