HELP! The MNHQ Christmas tree is naked - prizes to be won

(80 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 11:42:57

So this year at MNHQ, we have gorn all out with the festivities.

Emoticons are live - fgrin we have some AMAZING competitions that only run for 12 days, so keep coming back on Mumsnet and on our Facebook page, we have vouchers, a holiday, a TV and A CAR to give away fshock so do go and take a look at both (that's 24 chances to win!), we have a naughty Elf on the Shelf playing up at The Towers, look out for the pictures..

...and last week we had a beautiful tree delivered into the office from The Good Elf .

But here's the problem, it's bare! fsad

We would love for you to send in your homemade decorations so we can fill our lovely tree and we will be giving some prizes for the "best".

We made an angel for the top of our tree last week and we hope that she will inspire you and help you to see what level of "best" we are working on fgrin

The Rules
The decoration has to be homemade.
It can be made by you or the DC or any family member.
Extra points are given for use of glue and glittery shit.
The tackier, the better.

WE CANNOT RETURN THE DECORATIONS, SO PLEASE DON'T SEND PRECIOUS WORKS OF <ahem> ART

Please send them into:
The Community Team
MNHQ
Studio 6, Deane House Studios,
Greenwood Place,
Highgate Road,
London NW5 1LB

And add a note with your posting name so we can find you if you are a winner.

Good luck and do check back for pictures, we will also be adding images to our Pinterest page, Facebook , Twitter and here on the thread over the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas fsmile and thanks to the Woolly Huggers for the bunting fgrin

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Mon 02-Dec-13 21:58:21

Just what I was thinking BIWI.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 02-Dec-13 22:47:06

Evening!!

Yy what BIWI said but roar! at Knotty's bunt <snort> on yer tree. Mucho marvellous and setting the right tone

How sturdy is that tree? Only I could make you a robin. Problem is, my last one was um a little ^hefty*

HerrenaHarridan Mon 02-Dec-13 23:33:50

I will send you a lovely home made decoration at the same time I post my secret Santa gift.

When you send me the address instead of a link to a biscuit!

So for the millionth3rd time will you please send me a non biscuity link

biscuit

grin

lookoveryourshouldernow Mon 02-Dec-13 23:54:17

...Gulp...

Christmas can't be a jolly as we thought !!!

isitme1 Tue 03-Dec-13 08:12:21

Ahh ds (3) will love this! Hes been making them in nursery! He came home chuffed yesterday saying look mama beautiful <pointing to paper decoration full of scribbles and stick ons>

That elf must be ginooooormous look how teeny that vodka looks! fgrin

moldingsunbeams Tue 03-Dec-13 10:10:07

You do not what you have done don't you saying the more glittery shit the better, once dd gets wind of this you will be hoovering it up for weeks.

KnottyLocks Tue 03-Dec-13 11:27:20

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What were the deleted posts all about?
I actually saw some actual glittery shit a couple of hours ago.
I went and did some domestic labour for a young family. I needed to go to the garden to empty some bins.
Their gorgeous staffy had done some plops which had gone mouldy. When I saw them there was a layer of mould then frost.
Pretty greeny coloured glittery shit.

Maryz Tue 03-Dec-13 22:45:06

And now I know what they do there all day shock

I have knitted 72 be-yoo-tee-fulllll decorations to sell at the school Xmas fair on saturday coming, but should there happen to be one left, I will send it to you grin and should oh frabjous day there be none left, I will knit a new one just for you grin
(Is now a good time to mention Melvyn Tibbles the Festive Tadpole at all? grin ) - nahhh that's a whole other thread... grin

There is glitter shite over my sodding kitchen so i'm sending it your way any other glittery shite my kids dare to come home with will be left outside before it reaches the front door!

"There is no way that's your supplies. Look at the bottle size. We all know that you only get your spirits delivered in gallon barrels."

That's pretty much what I said when they linked the picture on their facebook! grin

lookoveryourshouldernow Wed 04-Dec-13 21:39:46

... working on my little creation as we speak and up to my elbows in card and glitter and glue - but if you are feeling pre-menstrual and need a little inspiration ...

Cute Little Angel

bluebump Wed 04-Dec-13 21:48:56

My 5 year old is up for the challenge of winning me a car grin I'll open the craft cupboard and let him at it!

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 04-Dec-13 21:54:15

Ohh creative crafts for the weekend. DS1 would want to keep the car for himself though. Hope its made from Lego!

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 04-Dec-13 22:02:07

Mine is merrily shedding glitter and sequins all over Rebeca's desk.

I made a fairy for the tree. fsmile

And not only is it beautiful, it is functional. There's probs still enough washing up liquid in there to do Christmas Day. Nice touch I thought. Win, win.

fgrin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Dec-13 09:09:31

RatherBeOnThePiste

Mine is merrily shedding glitter and sequins all over Rebeca's desk.

I made a fairy for the tree. fsmile

And not only is it beautiful, it is functional. There's probs still enough washing up liquid in there to do Christmas Day. Nice touch I thought. Win, win.

fgrin

I LOVE this! Thank you so much - can't wait to get in and see it fgrin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Dec-13 09:12:24

As if by magic!....

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 05-Dec-13 13:06:47

Awwwww my fairy!

<beams>

And look! Tis with Knotty's bunt. Smashing fgrin

lookoveryourshouldernow Thu 05-Dec-13 19:11:12

...that tree still looks pretty bare.... it's needs some long and glittery to brighten it up fgrin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Dec-13 11:36:50

LOOK! Thanks JustShootMeNow grin just perfick not cross at my glitter covered desk fwink

SirBoobAlot Mon 09-Dec-13 12:32:08

DS is playing with glitter when he gets back from playschool whether he likes it or not.

Piste I shouldn't be surprised the fairy is from you fgrin.

JulesJules Mon 09-Dec-13 15:54:01

I'm sending you something, but I'm glittering it up a bit first...

lookoveryourshouldernow Mon 09-Dec-13 18:17:09

...my offering (s) went out today ... should be with you shortly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now