NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

HELP! The MNHQ Christmas tree is naked - prizes to be won

(80 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet England (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 11:42:57

So this year at MNHQ, we have gorn all out with the festivities.

Emoticons are live - fgrin we have some AMAZING competitions that only run for 12 days, so keep coming back on Mumsnet and on our Facebook page, we have vouchers, a holiday, a TV and A CAR to give away fshock so do go and take a look at both (that's 24 chances to win!), we have a naughty Elf on the Shelf playing up at The Towers, look out for the pictures..

...and last week we had a beautiful tree delivered into the office from The Good Elf .

But here's the problem, it's bare! fsad

We would love for you to send in your homemade decorations so we can fill our lovely tree and we will be giving some prizes for the "best".

We made an angel for the top of our tree last week and we hope that she will inspire you and help you to see what level of "best" we are working on fgrin

The Rules
The decoration has to be homemade.
It can be made by you or the DC or any family member.
Extra points are given for use of glue and glittery shit.
The tackier, the better.

WE CANNOT RETURN THE DECORATIONS, SO PLEASE DON'T SEND PRECIOUS WORKS OF <ahem> ART

Please send them into:
The Community Team
MNHQ
Studio 6, Deane House Studios,
Greenwood Place,
Highgate Road,
London NW5 1LB

And add a note with your posting name so we can find you if you are a winner.

Good luck and do check back for pictures, we will also be adding images to our Pinterest page, Facebook , Twitter and here on the thread over the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas fsmile and thanks to the Woolly Huggers for the bunting fgrin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 11:53:18

And for anyone who's wondering, the, um, festive disco emu was lovingly crafted by members of MN staff who may want to remain nameless

KateSMumsnet Cameroon (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 12:47:23

Oh dear. This little fellow came to us from The Elf Company, so we asked him to do a tea run, but it looks like he found our supplies for the Christmas party instead. Must hide it better next time...

HarkTEEHeraldAngelsSing Mon 02-Dec-13 12:49:16

Are you sure asking for 'glittery shit' is such a good idea with Poo Trolls around?

fgrin

KateSMumsnet Cameroon (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 12:56:24
HarkTEEHeraldAngelsSing Mon 02-Dec-13 13:03:28

fgrin Kate.

HepsiBaubleMistletoes Mon 02-Dec-13 14:56:48

There is no way that's your supplies. Look at the bottle size. We all know that you only get your spirits delivered in gallon barrels.

ArtisanLentilWeaver Mon 02-Dec-13 15:08:16

Here for inspiration! fgrin

Wtf the eye one fshock

alicethecactus Mon 02-Dec-13 15:18:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

trikken Mon 02-Dec-13 16:43:16

Brilliant I will get the kids on this right away.

Oh boy the glitter gates have opened

This is hilarious. Will need to stock up on tat for imminent horrific crafts

Lifeofatortoise Mon 02-Dec-13 18:21:57

Glittery shit in an envelope, hope you have a good vacuum to hand!

TeamEdward Mon 02-Dec-13 18:34:53

Hapsi, that is the bottle for the MNHQ Christmas Shindig. The Elf is actually about the size of the Statue of Liberty.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Mon 02-Dec-13 19:14:49

I hope you get lots of lovely decorations fsmile.

Frankly, I can barely get my own shit together this year - let alone glittery shit to you in time for Christmas, not even with mega expensive help from Kate fgrin

Sorry! fsad

SPsComingOnSavioursDay Mon 02-Dec-13 19:19:05

Ohhhh I have ideas already!

<evil cackle>

lookoveryourshouldernow Mon 02-Dec-13 20:03:29

...oh - glittery shit and glue and Christmas and tacky and and and .... breathe.......

What's the closing date for this "Truly Tacky Technicolour Tree of Travesty" ??

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Mon 02-Dec-13 20:13:41

Dc4 had glittery shit last year. After I discovered them noshing on tinsel!

Marking place so I hopefully don't forget! fgrin

numberoneidiot Mon 02-Dec-13 20:45:07

Do you mean 12 HOURS rather than days?!

numberoneidiot Mon 02-Dec-13 20:45:52

Oh ignore me, can't count the number of hours in a day <mutter, mutter>

VworpVworp Mon 02-Dec-13 21:09:12

Aw- if we all get our children to make them, will they all win on cuteness factor??? grin

TheBitchesOfWeestick Mon 02-Dec-13 21:09:57

I feel a trip to Wilkos coming on...

Ablumersy Mon 02-Dec-13 21:26:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 02-Dec-13 21:49:57

Why are posts being deleted?! WTAF could people be saying on this thread that would mean they have to be deleted? Please send me a PM if necessary ... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now