Parking... Child Bays abused!

(58 Posts)
KatieChooChoo Fri 29-Nov-13 12:46:14

Does anyone else find that cheeky lazy arrogant people abuse the parking bays set aside for PARENTS with YOUNG CHILDREN!!! Young not meaning 22 years old as one pair of loud mouthed lazy pigs once did in front of me.

I see so many people park up in a child bay without a child in site. They toddle into the supermarket to gran a few bits, so use OUR bays for their convenience.

The supermarket i use regularly only have 15 parent and child bays and at least 600 other spaces (its a massive store where 'every little helps').

Even lazy transit van drivers pull up in these spaces. I see them trotting back to the van scoffing a pie from the hot counter.

Ive complained about this both in person and via email, im still waiting for a response from my email.

Does anyone else get mad about this or is it just me??

MrsPotatohead1 Fri 27-Jun-14 12:44:33

I don't have kids yet and don't use parent and child spaces...however I must confess that although I do park at the furthest point away, I usually take two spaces because our car has been scratched/dented in the past.

samsam123 Sat 17-May-14 21:04:11

are the other spaces that far away from the store that you cant walk- they should get rid of them anyway

gobbin Tue 13-May-14 21:57:59

Whatever did we do before parent-and-child spaces eh! Oh, I know. We walked. Just that extra bit further across the car park.

How do people cope in town centre multi-stories I wonder! Try Rupert Street car park in Bristol. Hard enough to get a normal body out of a car, never mind a pregnant one. But one copes.

PatrickStarisabadbellend Fri 09-May-14 16:29:06

I'm going to park sideways on a mother and baby space just to see if a thread gets started about me.

Well.

Um.

There's a plethora of these threads - a six month old one intrigued yiu?

confused

aoife24 Fri 09-May-14 16:15:07

'Abuse of parking', good grief.

JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Nov-13 18:46:57

Evening!

Just a friendly post about our lovely talk guidelines

If you could have a think about them before you hit post that would be grand.

ScrambledSmegs Fri 29-Nov-13 15:42:17

Mummies? hmm

If it wasn't for the 6 months pregnant thing I'd think this was someone I know.

Horrocious Fri 29-Nov-13 15:19:12

dammit, I saw the topic and thought there might be some photos uploaded of the offending loud-mouthed lazy pigs. What a disappointment.

Mummies

shock

Tee2072 Fri 29-Nov-13 15:12:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

zzzzz Fri 29-Nov-13 15:06:49

I park in the all the time and my youngest is 6.....I don't like walking across car parks with my children if I can help it and it was safer when I had a toddler and was pg. confused

It's called "risk assessment"

ButThereAgain Fri 29-Nov-13 14:57:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Tee2072 Fri 29-Nov-13 14:29:46

DropYourSword Fri 29-Nov-13 13:37:45

That's right arbitrary...postman pat OP might be a bit crazy, but at least she's consistent and stands up for her totally unreasonable beliefs!

Housewives?

I'm at work love.

holidaysarenice Fri 29-Nov-13 13:35:29

The answer: put the p and child spaces at the far end of the car park.

They are not for closeness sake, they are there because they are wider.

Parents who moan and really care will use them. Parents who are moaning because they are being lazy will park elsewhere.

Win win.

And those of us who actually wasted our time engaging with you and offering actual suggestions? No comment at all for us? just want to fight, yes?

EduCated Fri 29-Nov-13 13:30:38

What would you actually like the supermarket to do about it?

Tee2072 Fri 29-Nov-13 13:29:52

KatieChooChoo Fri 29-Nov-13 13:28:36

Im going to leave you all to it as you seem to be having such a great time being condescending mummies on this forum.

Enjoy and happy christmas to one and all.
Happy parking people!!

Tee2072 Fri 29-Nov-13 13:27:33

SignoraStronza Fri 29-Nov-13 13:26:24

I'm trying to work out why anyone would need to get a car seat out. Doesn't really bother me. At my local Waitrose it generally tends to be the elderly or slightly doddery, who don't write qualify for a blue badge. Either that, or those who find parking too difficult or bothersome and therefore shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now