NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Parking... Child Bays abused!

(58 Posts)
KatieChooChoo Fri 29-Nov-13 12:46:14

Does anyone else find that cheeky lazy arrogant people abuse the parking bays set aside for PARENTS with YOUNG CHILDREN!!! Young not meaning 22 years old as one pair of loud mouthed lazy pigs once did in front of me.

I see so many people park up in a child bay without a child in site. They toddle into the supermarket to gran a few bits, so use OUR bays for their convenience.

The supermarket i use regularly only have 15 parent and child bays and at least 600 other spaces (its a massive store where 'every little helps').

Even lazy transit van drivers pull up in these spaces. I see them trotting back to the van scoffing a pie from the hot counter.

Ive complained about this both in person and via email, im still waiting for a response from my email.

Does anyone else get mad about this or is it just me??

JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Nov-13 18:46:57

Evening!

Just a friendly post about our lovely talk guidelines

If you could have a think about them before you hit post that would be grand.

aoife24 Fri 09-May-14 16:15:07

'Abuse of parking', good grief.

Well.

Um.

There's a plethora of these threads - a six month old one intrigued yiu?

confused

I'm going to park sideways on a mother and baby space just to see if a thread gets started about me.

gobbin Tue 13-May-14 21:57:59

Whatever did we do before parent-and-child spaces eh! Oh, I know. We walked. Just that extra bit further across the car park.

How do people cope in town centre multi-stories I wonder! Try Rupert Street car park in Bristol. Hard enough to get a normal body out of a car, never mind a pregnant one. But one copes.

samsam123 Sat 17-May-14 21:04:11

are the other spaces that far away from the store that you cant walk- they should get rid of them anyway

MrsPotatohead1 Fri 27-Jun-14 12:44:33

I don't have kids yet and don't use parent and child spaces...however I must confess that although I do park at the furthest point away, I usually take two spaces because our car has been scratched/dented in the past.

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jun-14 12:56:44

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now