Children's Halloween costume ideas competition - Post your pics up here

(35 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Oct-13 14:20:53

We're running a comp to share your kids' Halloween costume ideas. What inspired (or easy/speedy) costumes have you come up with in the past? Post your pics (old or new) here before 10am Wednesday 23 October and we'll create a gallery of our favourite ten costumes. Winners will each receive a copy of our very own Book of Bedtime Stories.

If you're stuck for ideas, visit our Halloween costume ideas page for more tips and suggestions from mumsnetters.

I know it's too late for the competition, but just wanted to show others what I managed to do with pva glue, kitchen roll and make up.

KatoPotato Fri 01-Nov-13 11:05:23

Bit late, but had to share my little lion cub!

Ashc1234 Mon 28-Oct-13 22:59:02

Heres two minions I made on a budget costing £8 each

FoodieToo Fri 25-Oct-13 21:18:22

Eyeball ,Pumpkin and Giraffe!

PervCat Fri 25-Oct-13 13:30:43

i vote for itsokitsjustmybreath her s

WeeNameChange2013 Fri 25-Oct-13 13:30:04

Wee bit late, but my two as Wallace and Gromt

RebeccaSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Oct-13 14:01:30

Thank you for all your entries. We have now chosen our ten favourite costumes which you can view on our picture carousel.

Children's Halloween costumes

Congratulations to all those whose pictures are featured. We will be in touch later today to get your details so we can send your copy of The Book of Bedtime stories.

Odette12 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:00:04

What inspired me was the prices of costumes in shops and the quality, I searched charity shops for the shirt and jeans and adapted them with rips and fur my sin absolute lives it and he can not wait to try it out trick or treating.
I think everyone should have ago at making there own it's quite good fun!

duh, didn't realise I missed it closing!

My two wee witches Halloween 2010

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Oct-13 14:17:14

The competition is now closed. We'll be displaying our favourite ten costumes in a gallery tomorrow and the winners will each receive copies of our very own Book of Bedtime Stories.

myflorentina Tue 22-Oct-13 15:27:13

Fab!

ots Tue 22-Oct-13 15:02:44

Here is DS as a vampire thlgrin

MrsFruitcake Tue 22-Oct-13 14:51:55

Ooops, I meant Bellatrix!

MrsFruitcake Tue 22-Oct-13 14:51:11

Here is my DD dressed as Belltrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter books, last Halloween. The dress was about £3 from eBay and we crimped her hair to make it look untidy.

chinichats Mon 21-Oct-13 20:20:03

This is my son wearing a costume I made for his sister about 10 years ago, although a little thread bare now its still our favourite, just a white sheet attached onto a headband to stop it slipping, I cut a circle for the face then added a white net panel and drew the face with black marker pen! then finally added strips of net on the top to give a hazy effect.Very quick and easy to take on and off, always gets lots of compliments!

manfalou Mon 21-Oct-13 10:42:22

Mickey Mouse Ghost in Disneyland! ...You can just see the mickey mouse ears on DS's head!

WidowWadman Sat 19-Oct-13 20:11:04

Squidgirl!

sealight123 Fri 18-Oct-13 19:44:32

AAAAnd some more...maybe we should work on the whole...scary for halloween :P

sealight123 Fri 18-Oct-13 19:32:54

My daughter is a frequent fancy dresser smile Ok....they aren't exactly scary but she does love them...except maybe the cat...the cat not so much

jennyftm Fri 18-Oct-13 13:32:01

Our Dalek costume - made from the fruit packaging (discarded) collected from supermarkets, cardboard, a plastic clothes basket and silver spray paint on top of it all. And a sink or toilet plunger for the zapper !

Other photo shows a different year when we did a skeleton costume from black clothes and the bones were cut out from cornflake packets ! Face paint applied too !

Valerie0978 Fri 18-Oct-13 13:05:26

Last year we had a pirate and a ladybird fairy.
This year we will have Merida from Brave and Peppa Pig.

mammamic Fri 18-Oct-13 11:59:54

HELP - I'm trying to attach a pic but it always shows the wrong way up - anyone know how to fix?

EstoyAqui Thu 17-Oct-13 20:43:18

Here's DD after coating herself in blackberry juice whilst in the garden last summer. She is zombie obsessed like me.

GemmaTheCakeyLady Thu 17-Oct-13 18:47:15

My little Witchy-Woo last Hallowe'en! She was dressed up all day and not one person knocked on the door for Trick or Treat! Eh well, she still looked super cute, especially as she had only learnt to sit up 3 weeks before. :0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now