NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Dealing with Santa Sceptics

(3 Posts)
WMattyII Mon 14-Oct-13 20:29:50

Good point about the drunk driving. It's probably not the best message, is it?

Santa does the stockings & tree part - that's pretty much all he has to do but that is his job and his alone. Now I just need to find something similar that kids would appreciate.

Thanks so much for the feedback - it is really appreciated. Next draft in the next few days.

londonmum14 Mon 14-Oct-13 19:53:52

Not sure about the drunk driving bit hmm
Also if the parents go out and buy the gifts and store the gifts then why does he not just ask the parents to put them in the stocking/under the tree for him?

WMattyII Sun 13-Oct-13 22:59:52

My 8 year old is getting a bit suspicious about Santa. His 6 year old sister is still wide-eyed about the whole thing but they're both going to get sneer-stories from some scrote or other that will destroy the magic.
To counter this, I put together this short letter from Santa's elf.
Before I try it on my kids, would you be kind enough to give it the once over and let me know if you'd send it to your kids or if it needs work and if so, what.

And if I've posted in the wrong place, please politely tell me where to stick it. confused

It's on a Google blog rather than a Mumsnet blog as I am new here. Like so many others I was lured in by beaker conversations. Is is always like that here?

pointlesslytallstories.blogspot.com/2013/09/santa-claus-facts.html

Thanks very much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now