Would you buy a gadget that picks up Lego?

(9 Posts)
eadeacon11 Thu 05-Sep-13 02:36:47

I've been going on for years to anyone who will listen that I would pretty much pay anything for something that would pick up Lego off the floor - that would suck it up and sort it without dust balls, dog hairs and other disgusting things. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to invent such a gadget.

However - I have just discovered the perfect solution - a website called Quirky (I've just discovered it but you may all know it already) where you pitch your idea and if it gets 200 votes, someone will actually build it for you!

So I would love it if you would vote for my Lego vacuum idea and with any luck, we'll save the backs of the next generation of parents ...

grants1000 Thu 05-Sep-13 14:47:03

No sorry, why is Lego hard to pick up in the first place? Just get down on you hands and knees and pick it up, no problem?! Scoop up big piles into the boxes, pick up the little bits, you hoover up the odd bit here and there, so what!

HTH smile

grants1000 Thu 05-Sep-13 14:47:43

ooooh came all over Deborah Dargons Den Meaden then!

JohnnyUtah Thu 05-Sep-13 14:49:42

Sorry. I have hands. I don't want any more plastic crap <bitter>

SilverApples Thu 05-Sep-13 14:53:49

My children played with the lego, they picked it up.
I'm more of a Fat Controller than a lego-picker.

DaddyPigsMistress Thu 05-Sep-13 14:57:21

Ive got a dyson that does that.
Suck up anthing thats left on the floor. Retive it when the kid notices it whizzing round and begs for it back.

Any bit that i stand on gets thrown out the window while i swear loudly

GemmaTeller Thu 05-Sep-13 15:04:41

two of these (or similar from the pound shop) used to pick lego up pretty quickly in our house:

www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-tools-equipment/garden-hand-tools/brushes___dustpans/Harris-Victory-Deep-Dust-Pan-10767789

GobblersKnob Thu 05-Sep-13 15:55:34

How would it work though? Do you actually know how you would make it? Otherwise you are just pitching a random idea.

eadeacon11 Thu 05-Sep-13 23:48:35

Oh okay - so not a big gap in the market then! Thanks for the feedback though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now