NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Really Worried: Moving to Hartlepool

(11 Posts)
LillianLardon Mon 08-Apr-13 09:15:07

Hello. We have just made an offer on a house in Duke Street in Hartlepool & have been really looking forward to moving to the town, but then I found this video on youtube:

youtu.be/5uYm6sFjbKY

Now I'm really worried. Does anyone have any first hand experience of the area?

befrazzled Mon 15-Apr-13 11:59:21

Hi. I used to work in Hartlepool and would think twice about moving t0 this street tbh. Contact the local council and community police team for info about crime and anti social behaviour. Is there a reason you have chosen this area?

Signet2012 Sat 20-Apr-13 00:00:50

I live in Hartlepool....

Duke street isnt a great area if Im honest with you, but its not the worst. There is a new estate off Duke street and my SIL lives in there and doesn't have any problems.

Hartlepool has some bad press but in my 30 years of living here I haven't had much trouble and there is a lot of good as well as a lot of bad.

HTH feel free to PM me if you want any more information

LillianLardon Sat 20-Apr-13 15:32:00

Hi,

thanks for the responses.

Fortunately for us, although our offer was accepted on the house in Duke Street, another buyer put in a higher offer (or so they said). As you can guess, we didn't see fit to raise our offer after seeing that ghastly video.

Last weekend we viewed a house in Milbank Road in Hartlepool & are now considering how much to offer for that.

Signet2012 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:12:37

Oh. Do you not know the area at all op? Just millbank road is worse in my experience its quite a high crime area and youths are troublesome. I personally (and this only my opinion) not purchase a property in that street especially if you have children

TheRealFellatio Sat 20-Apr-13 19:18:44

OP you sound as though you are planning to buy a house off the internet without ever even getting to know the area first. Have you even been there at all? confused Please tell me it's not so. You could be making an expensive mistake that you cannot get out of for years.

TheRealFellatio Sat 20-Apr-13 19:19:38

oh. Obviously uou have as you viewed the house last weekend. But don't make any immediate decisions until you know the area better.

DevonCiderPunk Sat 20-Apr-13 19:24:30

I thought that video was ace <helpful>

SamCook83 Wed 01-May-13 08:20:32

You're right Cider Punk, the video is hilarious!!!

This one must be the follow up to it:

The Odd Cod Blues

Awesome ;)

SamCook83 Wed 01-May-13 08:23:28

Sorry posted the wrong one there. Here it is:

The Odd Cod Blues

Hilarious!!!

LillianLardon Fri 03-May-13 09:34:42

Yes, Hilarious. hmm

We've put off buying in Hartlepool just for the moment. We thought it looked lovely, what with the Marina & such.

Anyone know of a nicer place to live in the general area of Teesside?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now