NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Snow creations - share yours and get inspiration here

(52 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet England (MNHQ) Fri 18-Jan-13 10:10:03

Are you surrounded by the white stuff? DC at home?

Come and share your snowmen/women/angels and general snowy chaotic scenes - we may post a few up on our Pinterest and Facebook pages.

All we ask is that you put some thawed into it, if you get my drift.

Groan.

Snow joke grin

This is a design of the snowmen who will soon be appearing in RebeccaMumsnet's garden - according to DD

Worlds tallest snowman by daddybeyond and toddlerbeyond smile

AWimbaWay Sat 19-Jan-13 14:50:13

I came across those on stumbleUpon.com yesterday Katz, just need to buy some balloons!

It was meant to be an igloo but turned out more like a snow cave!

Built by DH, DD and myself (well ... mainly myself) blush

Spidermama Sat 19-Jan-13 15:36:49

Some BRILLIANT snow art on here mums. Massive round of aplause

I can't claim this as my own but thought I'd share anyway.

Haribolicious Sat 19-Jan-13 15:39:15

My clever boys made this today after seeing the ad last night.....hubster rose to the challenge!!

Kveta Sat 19-Jan-13 20:01:41

3yo DS went to bed crying because his snowdog wasn't real yet (he is desperate for a dog). And who says children are influenced by TV?!

Tee2072 Sat 19-Jan-13 20:55:36

My snowduck. grin

shrinkingnora Sat 19-Jan-13 23:34:30

Back garden

shrinkingnora Sat 19-Jan-13 23:35:18

Front garden hiding behind the hedge <evil cackle>

Taffeta Sun 20-Jan-13 12:17:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Taffeta Sun 20-Jan-13 12:19:33

Taffeta Sun 20-Jan-13 12:20:03

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 20-Jan-13 13:51:42

shrinkingnora Sun 20-Jan-13 14:17:11

That is too sweet, Lisa!

LouiseFisher Sun 20-Jan-13 17:54:43

The snow here isn't as thick! sad

hurricanewyn Sun 20-Jan-13 19:20:48

Katz - did your ice marbles work? We've had some out since last night (minus 3 overnight here) and they're still liquid. Not sure what we're doing wrong confused

Varya Sun 20-Jan-13 19:24:21

My son and his wife took their baby for a walk in the park and the art students had made snow unicorn. All the older kids were jostling to sit on it and have photos taken!

Katz Sun 20-Jan-13 22:54:23

Ours have gone slushy but the temp has en hovering around 0, hoping the new snow fall and colder temps might mean marbles in the morning, although I think the volume if liquid may be an issue. Mat cheat and bring a smaller one in for the freezer!

nipersvest Mon 21-Jan-13 11:32:46

we've got quite deep snow here but it will not stick together, can't even make a snowball sad

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 21-Jan-13 12:40:11

DD built this.

She's 22 blush and still a great big kid

wem Mon 21-Jan-13 18:52:13

Snowdog smile I didn't really get into the spirit of it - the dds were playing around me in the snow as I created it and I got a bit protective every time I had to step away to go find the mittens etc. "Don't touch it! Careful, not so close!" I think they liked the final result though.

wem Mon 21-Jan-13 18:54:54

Not the best picture, I'll crop it...

I've only just seen this and couldn't resist adding my pics!
Our house, with Spud the JRT outside...

And here is DD2's snow dog!

And the kid's creation...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now