NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Does this look like Impetigo to anyone?

(11 Posts)
Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 11:47:22

Nope, not impetigo. Definitely a bacterial rash and I have cream (despite what dontmixthecolours said grin) and if it's not better in 5 days, go back.

But he's cleared to go back to school tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:34:40

And now he's running around the house being a dog. So he seems fine.

We're GP seeing the GP at 1010 so we'll know for sure soon enough!

Thanks everyone.

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:26:30

He ate his breakfast so I think his tummy is fine. He's 3.7 and not very articulate so hard to get him to say how he feels.

He does have a low grade temp of about 37, well 99, as I measure in F being American, but Google says that's about 37. grin

And he has a cold and a constantly runny nose so I thought at first it was just snot rash, but it's way too widespread for that!

So he's pretty much himself, if a tiny bit clingy.

oddslippers Tue 15-Jan-13 08:20:40

How is he in himself, any other symptoms? Sore tummy?

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:17:14

That sounds like a good idea Bella.

dontmixthecolours Tue 15-Jan-13 08:14:49

As said above, dint let the GP fob you off with cream! The antibiotics really do work much better

BellaVita Tue 15-Jan-13 08:12:55

I would do a hot wash with the sheets tbh. Maybe then tonight put a towel down on his pillow and keep changing the towel every day.

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:07:25

We never share towels or face cloths anyway, so that's good news!

It does look like it's spread just since he woke up.

Should I change his sheets? Will there be impetigo germs on them? Or better to leave them until it clear so as to not reinfect the sheets?

BellaVita Tue 15-Jan-13 08:00:11

Yes it does.

Make sure separate towels, face cloths are used etc.

HDee Tue 15-Jan-13 07:58:34

My sons impetigo starts like that, but spreads very, very quickly into a large patch, and within a day or two turns weepy and then crusty.

My GP ALWAYS makes us try cream before antibiotics but the cream never works.

I have no idea why out of six of my children only one gets impetigo. Luckily we've never had it spread to anyone else, but apparently it's very infectious, so separate towels and face cloths etc.

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 07:51:37

Dr Google and the NHS seem to think so. I'm taking him to the GP today anyway, but just thought I'd show y'all. Because I can't do anything without asking MN. grin

It's all over both cheeks, across his lip and under one eye, BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now