NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Please can you diagnose Ds's mysterious Zombification? Or at least what the hell it ACTUALLY is?

(47 Posts)
HoneyDragon Mon 14-Jan-13 20:47:16

Walked in on Ds in the bath and went "aaaaargh, what have you done to your back!"

Only to be met by bemusement and spinning around by ds to try and see his own back.

It wasn't there this morning, no one has hurt or scratched him. It does not hurt or itch. There are no puncture marks indicating bites.

The only foreign body that has come into contact with his skin is fresh fallen snow when they were shoving it down their collars hmm. But Ds is not mince so I don't think it's freezer burn.

I am totally baffled.

Ds is praying he will wake up a Zombie hmm hmm

Any ideas?

HoneyDragon Mon 14-Jan-13 21:32:21

Nutty. I react to dog scratches like that, well like most people do, I don't think he and the dog have been in the same room at all today. She's been too busy trying to scare off the snow by barking at it hmm

hellymelly Mon 14-Jan-13 21:32:38

I've been coming up in similar weals since an allergic reaction to anti-biotics recently. Mine are smaller though, and itchy. When I scratch I get the weals. So maybe an allergic reaction? Or maybe he scratched himself post snow ,as skin can itch when warming up, but didn't register it as he was cold and numb, so scratched quite deeply?

hellymelly Mon 14-Jan-13 21:35:40

ok read your post again, hadn't absorbed the "shoving it down collars" bit. I think the marks are the nails of the shover, <adjusts deerstalker, puffs pipe> not felt at the time due to the numbing effects of snow.

HoneyDragon Mon 14-Jan-13 21:41:53

Interesting theory. I saw the shoving whilst giggling and it was a collar pull and dump, but I can check with the perpetrator as he is ds's best mate and lovely.

hellymelly Mon 14-Jan-13 22:56:49

I have personally shoved snow down the back of several necks, and my arm tended to reach down as far as is humanly possible ,like a plunger, for maximum effect.
<smugly convinced of the rightness of my theory>

HoneyDragon Mon 14-Jan-13 23:07:47

Ds was still awake, he has confirmed that snow entered by a snowball being slapped on his lower exposed neck.

He is also now enamoured with Zombie, and thinks she's great.

AmberLeaf Mon 14-Jan-13 23:18:24

Definitely scratches.

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 13:28:00

Well know more have appeared. Checked with school, area where they were playing hadn't yet been gritted.

We are now speculating snow burn confused

AmberLeaf Tue 15-Jan-13 14:34:58

Thats really odd!

No chance of coming into contact with fiberglass? like the fluffy sort you put in lofts?

Ive seen similar cut marks from that before.

AmberLeaf Tue 15-Jan-13 14:35:59

A cat or dog that sleeps on his bed?

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 14:55:45

Interestingly, my son woke up with similar on his face. I thought it was Impetigo, but GP says it's not, but I have cream.

See?

Poledra Tue 15-Jan-13 15:01:33

OMG, it's infected Tee's son through the internet.

I know I know! It's a computer virus <collapses in giggles at own wit>

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 15:19:23

The other side of his face looks even more like it's been scratched.

I laughed, Poledra!

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 17:59:36

Tee shock

That's weird.

Omg this is how the zombie apocalypse starts. Actually on Mumsnet.

But seriously, how freaky, that's exactly like ds shock

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 18:00:54

Only humans on beds here and no feather pillows. Ds's definitely occurred at school at some point.

PseudoBadger Tue 15-Jan-13 18:02:01

Are any of the dc wearing gingham dresses and carrying Mr Flibble? <hopes someone gets this reference>

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 18:04:01

<<bloody red dwarfers>> hmm

<<oh fuck outed self>>

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 19:31:36

Mine still has a very low grade fever. Does yours Honey?

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 20:35:37

Nope, he is a picture of health. [apart from the erupting welts of mystery]

Tee2072 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:47:10

So more have erupted? We seem to be holding steady on the face. And the fever.

I'm never going to get any work done...

HoneyDragon Tue 15-Jan-13 21:02:07

I don't think it's actually more, just as they've tried out they've become redder so it looks more.

Ds is thrilled he has spread. grin

Tee2072 Wed 16-Jan-13 07:31:53

Well, mine now seems to be 100% better...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now