NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

My new hair...

(16 Posts)

What do you think?

Just realised without the reasoning, this thread probably looks a bit weird, though I did ideally want opinions without explaining why...

Ahh well... It's a wig smile

DoingitOnTheRoofTopWithHugh Mon 10-Dec-12 23:41:53

That's very pretty, I'm confused to how I got here though.. confused or that we could post photos

It's a gorgeous colour. I'd love to get my hair that colour but I'm too scared to take the plunge (plus I tend towards alopecia so I'm always scared to mess with it too much!!)

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Tue 11-Dec-12 17:43:43

Wore it out for the second time today, very self concious at the mo, need to get used to it blush keep thinking that everyone is saying "look at her in the wig"!

I found this section by accident too, MN must have snuck it on secretly grin

It's natural to feel self conscious but it does look really nice and completely natural. I'm not sure anyone would notice unless they were very close. Just remember no-one knows how you feel so if you act confident people will pick up on it. I used to go clubbing with huge bald patches on the top of my head because I couldn't hide them, sometimes I could colour them in with brown felt tip but after a while they were too big grin. I used to cry sometimes before I went out but I always tried to pretend I was confident. I can remember a horrid reaction from someone once and I just shamed him, by telling him he was rude!! I was never short of offers. Even now if I go out thinking I look awful I will have a bad time, if I tell myself I look awesome I forget it all and have a good time grin.

You will soon forget you're wearing it I'm sure grin

DoingitOnTheRoofTopWithSanta Tue 11-Dec-12 18:24:28

Mumnset shouldn't sneak and hide our xmas pressies...

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 11-Dec-12 21:54:08

It's a lovely colour, I had no idea it was a wig till I read your second post so it does look very natural. A nice cut too, really suits you smile

MerryMarigold Tue 11-Dec-12 21:56:47

Looks great. Had no idea it was a wig until you said so...

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Wed 12-Dec-12 18:20:47

smile

CBuzz Fri 21-Dec-12 21:16:03

It looks lovely. Had alopecia myself since March, wig wearer since september. Takes a lot of guts doesn't it, just stepping outside, to start with. When I look at myself in photos it looks okay (would post photos if I knew how) but when I look in the mirror it looks like a wig!

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Sat 22-Dec-12 10:05:51

I wore it out last night, most of the time I'm just about used to it, but have moments where it just feels very weird!
Seems to keep slipping back though, dont suppose you have any ideas to keep it still? smile

CBuzz Sun 23-Dec-12 21:34:19

I have the same problem. Mine is a three quarter that I clip to my existing hair, but that is so sparse now, it's becoming difficult. I have some wig tape but have resisted using it so far as I'm afraid it will be uncomfortable, and not easy to whip it off when I feel like it. Been looking into wigbands online (bit like an Alice band that goes under wig and sort of velcroes the wig to your head) - might give one a try in the new year. Onwards and upwards!

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Sun 23-Dec-12 22:51:41

Wore it today and had a bit more luck keeping it still - had hair net on underneath and then put a kirby grip behind each ear to attach the wig to the hairnet and my hair. Seemed to stay put quite well smile

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Sun 23-Dec-12 22:53:16

Ps, merry christmas! Just in case I'm not back before then (its my birthday tomorrow smile )

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Mon 31-Dec-12 18:30:59

Happy new year from a redhead!! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now