Please come and support the MNHQ Men in their hairy Movember challenge. Can you tell who's who? (pics and EVERYTHING!)

(166 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Nov-12 12:00:29

Hello.

The menfolk at MNHQ are going all hairy to support Movember and raise money for research into prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

And we hoped you might want to join in by following their increasingly hirsute progress, lobbing them hair-follicle-stimulating virtual biscuits and maybe even donating a quid or two.

Today's the day it all sprouts starts, so we're going to post up the names of all the contenders and then post up pics of their clean-shaven chops - but not necessarily in the same order.

And then invite you to match the pic to the name, just for a bit of a larf.

OK, so the names are:

DarrenMumsnet - the one who sorts stuff out and shaved his whole beard off to take part

ShamTech - the creator of PMs, gawd luv him

Tech - the original Tech, who built MN from nuffink

GeorgeTech - the latest Tech in the Towers

PeterNotaTech - he's actually an architect but he shares an office with us

PatrickMumsnet - runs Mumsnet Academy and has Leonardo DiCaprio tendencies

Can you match the chin shot to the MNHQ Man?

Do have a go - and we'll let you know if you're right.

number 2 has a super cheeky smile that he is trying to hide!!
(same with number 4 and 6)

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Thu 01-Nov-12 12:47:53

scaevola I'm banned from joining in by MrsBeardy. She loves my beard too much to be parted from it!

scaevola Thu 01-Nov-12 12:54:09

You'd only be beardless for the first few days.

Unless you are a slow grower? Or do you have a hugely impressive long beard that would take months to restore?

Poledra Thu 01-Nov-12 13:00:43

Number three looks menacing

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Thu 01-Nov-12 13:06:04

It's probably more to do with me looking about 12 when I shave!

scaevola Thu 01-Nov-12 13:21:04

grin

NiniLegsInTheAir Thu 01-Nov-12 13:52:44

Number 3 should smile a bit more!

Pinot Thu 01-Nov-12 13:53:56

On a serious note, I'm immensely proud and pleased that HQ chaps are doing this.

My Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2011. Upgraded to an aggressive type, with tumours 'on the move' in July 2011.

He has been through months of hormone treatment, radiotherapy and tests.

He went from a 6'5" giant of a Dad, to a swollen, tired, stooped old man.

He is now free from treatment, and his last blood tests Showed his PSA stats are down to 0.27. His MacMillan nurse has told him he is "almost certainly" cured - he has to wait for next March to be properly signed off. We have everything still firmly crossed.

THANK YOU to all for raising awareness. Men, check your balls ...and if over 50 - get a blood test for Prostate cancer. No fingers up your bum needed - it's just a simple blood test. Prostate cancer can be undiagnosed for years without symptoms - GET THE TEST DONE.

SPREAD AWARENESS TO ALL MEN, PLEASE.

scaevola Thu 01-Nov-12 14:18:08

It is a brilliant thing to be doing!

And in addition to wanting ScaryBearyDaddy to post a chin pic on his profile (or I'll always think of him as Poledra's version, here are my guesses as requested:

1. ShamTech
2. PatrickMumsnet
3. GeorgeTech
4. DarrenMumsnet
5. Tech
6. PeterNotaTech

ArrivedAtPanicStation Thu 01-Nov-12 14:29:12

oh god, is it just me that thinks some of those look hawt.

SoupDragon Thu 01-Nov-12 14:34:22

1 GeorgeTech
2 PatrickMumsnet
3 Tech
4 PeterNotaTech
5 ShamTech
6 DarrenMumsnet

SoupDragon Thu 01-Nov-12 14:34:41

None of the women taking part then...? [whistles]

Hullygully Thu 01-Nov-12 14:35:30

Those men have been nothing but a hideous disappointment to me. As far as I am concerned they can stay hiding in their toilet with their facial hair unseen.

<sniff>

No 6 looks as though he will have a full 'tach by nightfall.

GetAllTheThings Thu 01-Nov-12 15:05:14

Leave the bastards and their patriarchal facial hair!......

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 15:09:01

I like PatrickMumsnet. He has been very nice to me.

moondog Thu 01-Nov-12 15:16:39

Excuse my dim wittedness but how exactly does growing a moustache help men with cancer? hmm

You get sponsored for doing it moondog. A lot of the men I work with are doing the same thing and we're all sponsoring them.

We've even chipped in for a moustache comb and a prize for the most impressive or unusual tash by the end of the month.

moondog Thu 01-Nov-12 15:23:41

Dear God.
Excuse my churlisheness but why not simply donate?

Nope, won't excuse the churlishness. grin

moondog Thu 01-Nov-12 15:27:57

grin

I loathe charity 'challenges' and forced jollity.
#Someone in work asked me if my 'partner would be taking the Movember challenge'

Christ on a bike.
It took me much will power not to beat her over the head repeatedly with the laminator.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 01-Nov-12 15:34:57

Moondog - I'm with you! I hate sponsored 'look-at-me' and sponsored 'pay-for-my-holiday-in-Kilimanjaro' - would happily sponsor someone to do something boring and yucky, but they somehow never sugggest a sponsored day picking up dog turds in the local park grin. You wanna donate to a good cause then good on you, earn the money doing something useful, then donate it, then go for a fun bike ride with your mates after....

moondog Thu 01-Nov-12 15:37:26

Yes quite.
With you there.
So bloody self indulgent.
Funny how we are always reminded about being efficient and focussing on work (fair enough) in my job but powers that be are remarkable laissez faire about people sending complex emails with all sorts of silly pictures and attachments about guff like this.

Do some bloody work!

Pinot Thu 01-Nov-12 15:48:27

It's not about sponsoring someone (though it is a good cause that needs funds).

It's about raising awareness and getting people talking about mens cancer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now