Weaning and excessive wind

(5 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 10-Feb-14 20:39:40

Agree with forget. 3 meals is a lot at that age and his digestive system might just not be handling it.

Its worth reading the tt link, I fed my tt and lip tied DS and didn't even realise until his front teeth came through...

ForgettableTampon Mon 10-Feb-14 19:46:08

IIRC the idea is to get to three meals a day by 9 months NHS weaning guidelines here

I would be inclined to take out at least one meal at this stage, and reintroduce in about 6 weeks (my personal pref would be to take out the weetabix but that's from exp of my own children not tolerating it well)

How do you feel about that?

Freddiesmum71 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:34:24

Hi I've actually been giving solids for more than 3 weeks (lack of sleep) it's more like 5 weeks and we are now on 3 times a day breakfast wetabix with breast milk and fruit purée lunch chicken and veg dinner fish and potato and veg. I don't think he is tongue tied as he has breastfed exclusively for 6 months? To have today given infacol before solids and has made the world if difference! Thanks for your advise x

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 09-Feb-14 20:23:53

How many times are you offering solids Freddie? Have you thought of keeping a food diary, for you and him to see if anything is making it worse?

If he's windy, has he been checked for tongue tie?

The la Leche league sometimes do talks on introducing solids, it might be worth getting in touch with your local leader and seeing if she has any ideas. smile

Freddiesmum71 Sun 09-Feb-14 09:17:22

I have been weaning my 6 month old for about 3 weeks now we have moved on to puréed chicken and fish and veg. The problem is he is getting belly ache and wind. He is prone to belly ache from time to time as he is bf depending on what I have eaten and passes wind like a grown man, but this is worse! I have thought about active live yoghurt with some fruit purée might help???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now