Who can recommend a good removal company? (SW London)

(49 Posts)
Mandyandbabyboo Mon 28-Jun-10 16:39:08

Hi there, we are planning to move house and just wondered if any could recommend a company who can pack and remove? and also looking for a good professional cleaner.
thank you!

BubsMaw Mon 28-Jun-10 22:21:37

We used Clark and Rose when we moved to SW London from elsewhere. They were great, can't fault them at all. We've since moved again and used a different company who were much worse than C&R, the difference between the two was vast. I believe they're relatively expensive though (we didn't pay luckily as we were being relocated by work).

MimsyStarr Mon 28-Jun-10 22:34:53

We used Hoults and they were good (though turned up late). Not the cheapest but their packing was well done.

Mandyandbabyboo Wed 30-Jun-10 12:30:42

Brilliant thank you!

DizzyPurple Fri 02-Jul-10 14:35:57

Hi. We used Eco van and man recently. Not sure if they do packing as we didnt want that but they were good with the removals. Efficient and hard working. Based in Wimbledon but we're in Bromley which was no problem. Reasonable price too.

Abubu Sat 03-Jul-10 19:56:59

Hi,

We recently used WH Cox and they were fine. They were the cheapest out of 4 quotes we got.

Movingetc Sat 03-Jul-10 21:47:53

Hello Mandyandbabyboo

Where are you moving from and to? I can recommend a few professional removal companies to you based on your area. All of the above companies are very good but they are all in different places around the UK. For example Clark and Rose are based in Scotland and Eco van and man are based in London, so if you live in Sheffield or Cornwall they might not be the best removal company for your move.

You can email me at jane @ movingetc.co.uk with your move details if you don't want the whole world knowing your location )

notcitrus Sat 03-Jul-10 22:07:21

6 Keys in Ealing (they have other branches round London). Best £900 I ever spent. Lovely blokes.

NotAngelicaP Wed 07-Jul-10 20:50:02

I've only just seen your post, but the absolute best removal company based in SW London is Burke & Wills www.burkeandwills.co.uk. They're based Wandsworth/Wimbledon area and don't mind where they move you to! They are brilliant. Can't help with professional cleaner tho.

dfran Tue 07-Aug-12 18:20:24

I have just recently used a company called Greenwoods Removal and Storage who agreed to carry out all my packing and move me to an address 5 minutes away within one day. In the end they could only give me 3 men and one of them went off sick after half a day. Later, I found that he had no experience of packing and worked on bodies at Greenwoods Funerals. The move took three days and they left us without any bedding for the first night. A lot of the packing was mis-labelled and I had wash clothes which were packed with make-up. I would suggest only go with recommended companies.

Covetingmychildrenseyelashes Thu 09-Aug-12 13:12:48

Another vote for Burke and Wills. They dismantled and reassembled sash windows for us when things wouldn't fit up the narrow stairs. Competitively priced too.

ClaireRacing Thu 09-Aug-12 13:15:37

We used a very budget company called 1st Ever Ready. They were excellent. Since they had such good prices compared to national chains, we had then pack for us too.

valiumredhead Thu 09-Aug-12 16:18:22

We used a company called JAMES and they were fantastic, they packed for us and not one thing was broken.

jennyhouse Thu 18-Jul-13 12:40:06

Is anyone still looking for a good removal compny?

pennybr Thu 05-Sep-13 10:45:44

Yes please!! Looking to move literally just up the road in SW London in the next 3 weeks as having work done. Happy to look at firms which do and don't pack, but would be great not to have t spend an arm and leg to get a reasonable efficient service....!

Antidote Fri 06-Sep-13 14:49:47

We used Mortimers (based in blackheath). They were excellent.

KatoPotato Fri 06-Sep-13 14:51:32

I have to recommend Zebra movers. They treated our cheapo Ikea furniture like antiques and wrapped and handled everything with skill and care!

DavidHarris Sat 12-Oct-13 19:31:33

I have to recommend www.ElephantRemovals.co.uk Moving Company London came highly recommended by my friends when we were moving home. They can pack with their own specially made moving boxes and other packaging materials, relocate your contents, and dispose any excess furniture that are not needed.

YayyIamamumnow Mon 21-Oct-13 12:17:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mazylou Mon 21-Oct-13 12:20:10

GB Liners. Superb. Packed, and a 75 mile move from West London to Kent - they went way beyond what I thought was going to happen and took things to bits to get them upstairs (and put them back together again). Highly recommended.

Katty08 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:49:02

Hello Mandyandbabyboo,

I don't really know good cleaners, but I can help you with the removals as I move quit often.
I highly recommend Green Giant Removals, they offer good prices and very good services.
Starting with staff, they are helpful and friendly. Also they do excellent packing with strong boxes and a special pack for fragile stuff. Personally I really like them as they are always on time, and whenever I've used them, they've done a very good job.
You can check their website if you like www.greengiantmovers.com

Hope this would be helpful.

xXSharonXx Sun 17-Nov-13 08:31:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

xXSharonXx Sun 17-Nov-13 11:53:53

Piia101 Mon 18-Nov-13 21:25:25

We used trek removals and storage . They where recommended to us and we were not disappointed . They are a family owned firm . The guys where great and very professional . We moved from Finland two years ago with a major brand mover and have to say trek where by far better !!!!hope this helps

evertonmint Mon 18-Nov-13 21:34:15

Depending on where you are in SW London, Goddards of Brentford might be pretty local for you.

Excellent service. Great guys, good packing service, no breakages! Used them twice - once local and then once 70 miles away. Worked a 14 hour day in freezing snowy weather, totally professional and respectful.

Piia101 Mon 18-Nov-13 21:40:06

We used trek removals and storage . They where recommended to us and we were not disappointed . They are a family owned firm . The guys where great and very professional . We moved from Finland two years ago with a major brand mover and have to say trek where by far better !!!!hope this helps

marysavage1979 Tue 07-Jan-14 10:57:16

We recently used Green Giant Movers to help us move home from Earlsfield to Fulham, they were really good and helpful. They done all the packing and unpacking and we did not have a single issue. My husband and I were really pleased with their service so we would recommend you to use them.

boothwickbabymaker Sat 08-Feb-14 12:02:32

Hi, we recently moved from a 2 bed flat in Earls Court to a house in Putney and we found an excellent removals company called Rutherfords of London. They packed and moved us in one day and were pretty cheap. Compared to the last movers we used, Rutherfords of London were awesome! They are smart, efficient polite and really friendly and based in Putney, so we shall definitely call them again especially once my ebay addiction fully kicks in again ;-) check em out on www.rutherfordslondon.co.uk

GingerMaman Sat 08-Feb-14 12:30:15

Boothwick, may I ask how much they charged?

GingerMaman Sat 08-Feb-14 12:31:13

Marysavage, did they really do the unpacking too? All of it? How much did they charge btw?

Nyborg Sat 08-Feb-14 12:34:29

I'd say not Arclite (Twickenham). They packed and moved for us and though they were quick and nothing was broken, they did completely miss out two kitchen cupboards (ordinary fitted kitchen, nothing stealthy).

Their team clearly hadn't done a last look around to check that they'd got everything - we'd have done that if we'd been there but I ahd to work and they'd agreed that my husband should go ahead to let the first van into the new place, so we weren't with them as they left. We had to go back ourselves and move the remaining stuff in a number of car trips - not ideal as I was pregnant and we were moving up/down lots of stairs. I was pretty disappointed.

boothwickbabymaker Sun 09-Feb-14 13:53:52

Hi GingerMaman, I think we paid £640. This price included the cost of boxes.

ClareREdw Wed 12-Feb-14 19:43:25

Hi, we've recently used And Move www.andmove.co.uk
They provided us a great removal service when we moved locally in SW London. The guys worked really hard and moved contents of a 3 bed house in 5 hours.

YayyIamamumnow Mon 24-Feb-14 11:54:02

I was recommended by friends and family www.elephantremovals.co.uk I got a quote in an instant. The price was affordable.

The company looked after my possessions very carefully.

Hard working porters and a lot better than other companies that keeps having tea or fag break every hour.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Mon 24-Feb-14 11:57:38

Another vote for Burke & Wills here.

Aethelfleda Thu 27-Feb-14 20:51:33

F Smith And Son are based in Croydon. They did us a packing service: they were great, not the cheapest around but quick, efficient and friendly but well worth what we paid.

osmanoscar Tue 04-Mar-14 16:28:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Carolineshirville Wed 19-Mar-14 17:02:38

I used Safe Removals to move me in London. I had a full packing service included and could not have been happier with the men. They came out the day before my removal and packed all my cupboards and delicates, ready for removal. Each box was clearly marked, makind unpacking easy for me (with 3 small kids this was a big help). On the removal day itself the men turned up on time, and were very keen to get started. I was very impressed with how easy they made the move look, it felt like no time until we were unpacking in the new house, and having a much deserved cuppa.It was first Class Service by the safe removals crew. Thanks a lot guys, for making my move day hassle free, couldn't have asked for a better bunch of workers. Highly Recommended!

www.saferemovals.co.uk

NearTheWindymill Wed 19-Mar-14 17:52:32

The removers I'd recommend have been named multiple times already. For the professional cleaning I highly recommend a firm called Scrubbers. Very reliable indeed and they do a good job for a fair price.

DR101 Fri 11-Apr-14 10:30:30

We used Cavendish & Country Removals in September 2013 to move us from a 5 bedroom house (with more toys than we knew we had) in SW11 to a new house in SW12. They were professional and efficient, and nothing was too much trouble for them. They answered calls and emails and dealt with admin promptly. They were also polite, courteous and helpful. I was very pleasantly suprised that the whole process was so painless. I can't recommend them highly enough.

andolini7110 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:35:47

i used Express Moves Removals and Storage to move in SW London. Their service is brilliant and cost effective.

Dankay78 Sun 27-Apr-14 20:48:29

I used this comparison website to get quotes online from 6 different removals companies in my area houseconveyancing.org/removal-company-quotes-online/

pepecalderin Tue 03-Jun-14 07:56:28

Maryam45 Wed 04-Jun-14 16:51:24

Hi Mandy smile ,

We used House Moving Company London www.housemovingcompany.biz when we moved from London to Scotland about 1 years back i would say try them they based in London. thanks

Caruna Fri 20-Jun-14 18:26:57

shahzad Wed 25-Jun-14 18:36:09

Services Provided
Interior Design, Residential design , Commercial design, Hospitality Design, Space Planning, Construction Documents, Permitting Plans, 3eegs, Specification & Purchasing, FF&E, Furnishing, Ceiling & Lighting Layouts, Installations, Turnkey Designs, Modern Design, Contemporary Design, High End Design, Luxury Design
Phone: 305-757-5535

shahzad Sat 28-Jun-14 11:23:32

Beautiful space, lovely people and amaizing treatments.

Caruna Spa and Wellness Center
carunaspa.com

terrymetcalfe Mon 07-Jul-14 14:55:57

I have used the following company - www.top-removals.co.uk they offer a full tailor made solution for moving including cleaning service

terrymetcalfe Mon 07-Jul-14 14:56:41

Another good moving company is www.london-removal.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now