anyone used freezer defrosting spray??

(5 Posts)
annas1 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:58:20

My freezer is in desperate need of defrosting but I think usual methods will take forever as I have thick icebergs around the elements at the top.

Has anyone tried the freezer defrosting sprays that the likes of lakeland sell - did they work well??

Seeline Wed 05-Aug-09 16:22:10

I tried the Kleenezee version - I'm back to putting big bowls of hot water in he freezer! It didn't seem to speed things up or make it any easier. Admittedly the freezer had got to the 'can't shut the door' stage and was in dire need of defrosting but still....

AstronomyDomine Wed 05-Aug-09 16:35:21

The last time I defrosted my freezer it was almost at the "can't shut the door" stage - I just left the freezer door open with a couple of bowls of hot water in there. Just changed them after an hour or so - the whole lot completely clean after about 4 hours.

annas1 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:38:23

sounds like good old hot water is best. Thanks for your input

Fizzylemonade Wed 05-Aug-09 22:17:22

I got bored waiting for the ice to melt whe I used a spray grin

I went for the old hairdryer trick. You just aim it at the place where the sides or top should be rather than the bottom of the ice. Once you make a hole between the ice and the freezer wall/roof of the freezer it tends t fall under it's own weight.

I have just bought a frost free freezer for this very reason grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now